Chapter Thirty Six

Welcome to second to last chapter of ADDICTION. Brace yourself guys. Just a heads up. This chapter is going to be heavy. And looooooong.

*

"To be trusted is greater compliment than being loved."

● ● ●

36.
A FAVOUR & A SURPRISE

"What sort of favour?"

As much as I knew Jinyoung, I didn't know what to expect. And what favour could he ask from me? It was all too confusing.

"Uh, can you meet me at the café? I'll tell you over a cup of coffee?" He asked, his voice hopeful.

"I can't meet you publicly. I don't want any rumours about me again. And knowing you, I wouldn't be surprised if you want me to suffer 'cause of them," I said bluntly, and then felt guilt course through me as I registered my unfiltered words.

"Ouch. I'm hurt. Do you really think that low of me?"

"Do you really think that I'll think highly of you after all the things you've done?" I asked, rolling my eyes, even though he couldn't see me.

"Okay, okay. You're right. And I want to apologise for all I've done. So how about a proper apology over coffee?"

I contemplated what to do. I could either stay here and be bored to death while Jimin was out enjoying breakfast with Hye Ji, or I could go for a coffee with Jinyoung.

After a moment of contemplation, I said, "Okay."

"Look if you don't want to coㅡ Okay? As in you'll come?" He asked, his voice showing disbelief.

Chuckling, I turned off the television and stood up from the couch. "Yes. So, where should I meet you?"

After Jinyoung told me about this new and less known cafe, I changed into fresh clothes and left the house. Jimin had left a car at home. But I hailed a cab to drop me off at the cafe, to avoid any sort of rumour.

Paparazzi knew which car belonged to Jimin and I had to stay low-key while going to public places. I was just an ordinary girl, but my relationship with Jimin had thrown me into the world of media, paparazzi, and vicious rumours. But my love for Jimin was stronger than any difficulty thrown my way due to this relationship.

As I paid the fare and stepped out of the taxi, I noticed the cafe. It was a very dainty and minimalistic place, tucked away in the corner of the street. Jinyoung was right. This place wasn't well known so there were lesser chances of any person finding me here or recognising me.

I hope no one recognised me. I was wearing Jimin's hoodie and the hood was casting a shadow on my face, which was in my favour.

I scanned the place and noticed Jinyoung from where I was standing. He looked up from his phone and a smile lit up on his face.

"Eun Hee." He stood up as I reached the table.

"Hey."

Sitting opposite to him, I raised my eyebrows. "So what did you want to talk about?" I asked, folding my arms on the table.