Chapter Twenty Eight

"When people treat you like they don't care, believe them."

● ● ●

28.
M&M's

The silence in the car did nothing to help me with the nervousness that was bubbling up inside my chest. I knew I was with Jimin, and I (kind of) trusted him too, but I was still so nervous. Spending God knows how long in a resort, alone with someone I was starting to have feelings for was definitely a very daunting and bad idea.

Now that I was sitting next to Jimin, I couldn't help but glance at him, all the while fidgeting with my hands, a habit I didn't notice I had, until I was in the presence of Jimin.

"Are you okay, Eun Hee?" Jimin's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I asked.

He glanced at me. "Are you alright? You've been fidgeting since you entered the car. I can practically feel the nervousness or stress or whatever it is radiating off you, and honestly, it's making me worried and nervous too. What's up?"

"I-I'm fine. It's n-nothing," I stammered.

"I can see that clearly. Come on, Eun Hee. Tell me what's wrong? Are you worried about the reporter creating scandals about you? I told you not to worry ab...."

"I'm... I'm not worried about that," I said, softly.

"Then what? What's worrying you, Eun Hee?" He asked.

You, Jimin. You are worrying me. My feelings for you are worrying me.

The way my heart seemed to race, the way my thoughts jumbled up and the way I was so attracted to Jimin worried me, and these things were worth worrying about. Jimin and I, we were two very different people, and we definitely didn't have a chance. He could get anyone he wanted.

"Nothing," I murmured, looking out of the window and at the blurry mess of tress and occasionally a sign board passing by.

In a way, I could relate to these blurry messes. My life had been a blurry mess since I first met Jimin. It seemed like a long time since I had first met Jimin on that damned balcony of the building. He had been smoking and, God, it did things to me. Even though I hated smoking and didn't want Jimin to smoke either, he still looked extremely attractive when the cigarette was placed between his lips.

His lips.

I glanced at his lips. And how much I wanted to kiss them.

Shaking my head, I decided that if I didn't want to get myself hurt, I should stop thinking like that about Jimin. I should avoid getting close to Jimin at all costs. Even though I had to spend the few incoming days with him. Alone.

I was lost deep into thoughts and I didn't know when I fell asleep.

When I woke up, I was confused at first, sitting up straighter in the leather seat, anxiety seeping in at waking up in a unknown place. Within seconds, realisation dawned upon me, and I relaxed. I was still in Jimin's car, and a thin blanket was draped over me.

How did this get here?

I looked around to notice that the car was parked in front of a petrol pump but Jimin was nowhere to be seen. Suddenly, the door opened and Jimin bent down to look at me, a small smile on his face.