Chapter Thirty One

"If I showed you my flaws, if I couldn't be strong, tell me honestly would you still love me the same?"

● ● ●

31.
MISERABLE

My eyes hardened as soon as shock wore off.

"Why are you here?" I asked, sharply.

I could feel the back of my eyes burning, signalling more tears at the bay. I didn't want to cry in front of Jimin.

His brows furrowed. "I came here to ㅡ uh ㅡ give you this blanket." He raised the blanket.

Instead of saying something, I walked towards him and took the blanket from his hands. "Thank you. I'm gonna sleep now. I'll see you in the morning," I said. I knew it was rude and impolite. I was at his resort and he was doing everything to save me, but I was weak and vulnerable right now, and I didn't want him to see me like this.

His eyes widened a fraction ㅡ probably not expecting this reaction from me.

"Are you okay, Eun Hee? Did something happen? Who was at the phone?" He asked.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding until now. I was relieved that he hadn't heard anything.  "I am fine. Just... I want to be alone for sometime," I said, my voice weak. I could feel the lump forming in my throat again making it difficult to talk or breath.

He shook his head. "No."

I looked up from the blanket in my hand to his face.

"No what?"

"I won't leave you alone. You're clearly not okay right now," he said, his voice firm and strong as if his words were final and I had to agree.

That was the thing with Jimin. He always wanted everything to be his way, and I wasn't going to be weak and obey every damn thing he said.

"Jimin. Get out. Please. Let me be alone for some time," I said, my voice sounding weaker by the end.

He stared at me with his deep, dark eyes for a minute too long, making my insides clench. I looked down at my hands, fidgeting with the blanket.

I had the sudden urge to break down in front of Jimin, let him hold me (which he definitely wasn't going to do) but I refrained myself from letting myself be vulnerable and weak in front of me. He didn't care anyways. I was just someone who got tangled in the stupid mess he created, and now he was probably regretting asking me to be his fake girlfriend (or fiancée).

It all started the damn night I went to the damned party. I shouldn't have listened to Sana. I shouldn't have went to that balcony. I shouldn't have let Jimin drive me home. And most importantly, I shouldn't have agreed to work at his office. I was stupid. So damn stupid.

"Eun Hee..." Jimin's voice was so tender, so sweet, that as soon as he uttered my name, a sob racked through my body. Fresh, hot tears trailed down my face. Jimin's arms raked around my waist, embracing me in his warmth, rubbing smoothing circles at my back.

"Shhh. It's alright. I'm here with you."

He whispered sweet nothings to me, making me cry harder at the way world was playing with me. I let the tears scream of the pain the fate had inflicted upon me. I cried into his chest. I let myself be weak in front of Jimin.