Chapter Eight

"We must become what we wish to teach."

● ● ●

08.
THOUGHTS AND PANCAKES

All I could think was about that kiss. I could still feel Jimin's soft, gentle lips against mine and the taste of coffee and his scent. It was like Park Jimin had invaded my thoughts and made a permanent home there, because it didn't look like his thoughts had a plan of leaving my mind anytime soon.

There was no university to keep my mind off of him. At first, I tried cleaning my house and doing the laundry. But after that, I was back to thinking about him. So the final option was to call Sana and ask her to come over.

We were both drinking coffee, sitting on the couch.

"Stop it," Sana said.

I turned towards her and looked at her quizzically.

"Stop what?"

"That weird smile on your face. It's creepy. Are you still thinking about him?" She raised her eyebrows, taking a sip of her coffee and then putting the empty mug at the table.

I heaved a sigh.

"I'll take that as yes," she added, "But did you ask him why he acted as an asshole in the office when you brought him coffee? Like I would be thanking the person who brought me coffee during work and not shout at them."

"I don't know. I was too mad at him to ask him that. I don't wanna talk about him right now."

Sana looked at me for a few moments, but thankfully didn't say anything regarding Jimin or his mood swings. She picked up her phone, typing something on it.

"Who are you texting? Huh? Is it a boy?" I asked, leaning a bit towards her to see the phone's screen.

"It's a boy, yes. But not what you're thinking," she said, without looking at me.

I squinted my eyes at the screen. And then, "Seo Woo? Isn't he the guy who almost hit your car? Your childhood best friend or something?"

She nodded.

"Mhm. And he's asking to hang out. What do you say?" She looked up from her phone.

"Hey, why would I go? He's asking you out on date. Not me,' I said, a bewildered expression on my face.

"Not a date, Eun Hee. And I don't wanna go alone," she said, fixating her attention back on her phone.

"Why?"

"It'll be awkward. We haven't talked for years and then, suddenly we meet up. It'll be way too awkward. Please Eun Hee." She pleaded, showing me her puppy dog eyes.

Ugh. This girl. She knows puppy dog eyes are my weakness.

"Okay, okay. I'm craving pancakes anyways," I said, standing up from the couch and picking up both our mugs.

I made my way to the kitchen to wash the mugs.

"I'll be sure to pay for you," she shouted behind me.

"You better be," I said, walking into the living room. "I'll go get ready."

*

We reached the restaurant at the same time as Seo Woo did. Stepping out of the car, I inhaled the fresh air. The weather was good, refreshing. I really needed some relaxing time after that whole Jimin scenario. And this was exactly what I needed; some quality time with friends.