Final : Epilogue

Welcome to the Epilogue, where Jimin gets undone and things get explained.

Trigger warning: this chapter deals with heavy subjects like loss and death and mourning. Please be cautious while reading it.

. . .

"You kissed me like an alcoholic taking their last drink."

● ● ●

E P I L O G U E: T H E  H E A L I NG

"How long are you going to mop around?" Taehyung seemed tired, his hair unkempt, dark circles under his eyes. A tired sigh escaped his lips.

"I'm...fine, man. What you talking 'bout?" A very drunk Jimin replied, trying to stand up from the seat but failing miserably.

Taehyung closed his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose. I don't know what to do with this guy, he thought. His eyes snapped open upon hearing a light thud and the sound of table hitting the carpeted floor.

"Ow. My back hurts."

Jimin was lying on the floor, a hand on back, the other one covering his eyes.

Taehyung shook his head, muttered a few profanities, close to giving up on his best friend but knowing that he'd never do that. He looped his arms around Jimin and helped him stand up.

"Do you need me to take you to hospital?" Taehyung asked.

As soon as Jimin stood up, he turned to look at Taehyung, placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Thanks, man," he slurred. "But no thanks. You know how much anxious they make me."

Just the word hospital filled his mind with dark thoughts, panic and anxiousness choking his throat, obstructing his airways as flashbacks filled his mind.

You need to pull the plug, Jimin. She isn't coming back.

I don't want to see you ever again.

She's gone, Jimin. You have to move on.

She doesn't want you near her. Can't you understand that?

He removed his hand from Taehyung's shoulder and staggered towards the mini bar at one side of his suite. Taehyung looked at him with a sorrowful expression.

"I need another drink."

Before he could pick up the bottle, a hand wrapped around the bottle, pulling it away from Jimin's reach.

"Hey. Give me my bottle back," Jimin said.

Taehyung gave him a look that read shut up. And said, "If you don't get your sorry ass out of this room right now, I'll smash this bottle on your head."

Jimin was quiet, and then, he burst out laughing, his head leaned back.

"What's so funny?" Taehyung asked.