Chapter Fourteen

"I hope you always find a reason to smile."

● ● ●

14.
UNEXPECTED EVENTS

Fiancée? What the fuck are you up to, Park Jimin?

Before I could get out of the shocked state, his mother spoke up with so much venom in her shrill voice that a chill ran down my spine.

"She's your fiancée? You are joking, right?"

Her narrowed eyes were scanning me from head to toe. Judging me. I squirmed under her scrutinising gaze, feeling uncomfortable and insecure. Jimin's hand tightened around my waist, making me turn my head to look at him. His jaw was clenched and his furious eyes were trained on his mother.

"Yes, mother. She is my fiancée. Is there any problem?" He challenged, tilting his head to side.

Both, him and his mother were having some sort of staring contest. While his mother's eyes were filled with disbelief and anger, Jimin's eyes showed anger. None of them was backing down.

I was confused. What was going on? I knew that his mother didn't like me and I didn't care about that. It wasn't like I was his real fiancée. Right now, I had only one thought in my mind.

Jimin and his mother have problems going on.

His mother opened her mouth to say something, when Jimin's father spoke up.

"Hello, Eun Hee. It's nice to meet you," he said, extending his hand towards me.

I shook his hand.

"Thank you, Mister Park. It's nice to meet you too."

Instead of putting on a fake smile, I smiled genuinely at his warm welcome, the exact opposite of his wife.

"Mister Park..." Someone said.

Another guest.

Jimin's father smiled at us apologetically. "I'll see you guys later. Please enjoy the party."

Jimin nodded.

As soon as his parents walked away from us, I dragged Jimin out of the hall and into the first room that I saw, slamming the door shut after me. The room was empty, except for a bed in the middle and a dressing table at one side.

"Woah. Calm down. If you wanted to have some fun, you could've just said so."

He smirked, sitting down on the bed.

I gave him the most deadly glare I could muster.

"I'm kidding." He raised his arms as if surrendering.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Why did you say that?" I asked.

"Say what?" He asked, his brows furrowed.

"That I'm your fiancée. That's not what we agreed on, Park Jimin," I spat.

"Oh. That."