Chapter Twenty Four

"It's real when it hurts."

● ● ●

24.
LIAR

Please don't say something that'll shatter my heart. It's too broken already.

My breath was stuck in my throat, my eyes widened in anticipation. Jimin was quiet for a long time, not uttering a single word. His silence was speaking so loud. His silence said everything.

But I waited hoping for an answer. Hoping that I might be wrong this time, that he'll have a good reason. That he won't break my heart. I waited, but he stayed quiet, his eyes trained on the steam rising from the cup.

I took in a deep breath, standing up from the stool. His head snapped up, his brows furrowed as he looked at me. But I avoided his eyes. I didn't want to look into the eyes of a liar and a coward. I didn't want to look into his dark eyes that made me feel something and made me want to forgive him.

I picked up my coat from the couch where I had thrown it as I had walked in.

"What are you doing?" His voice was near.

I rummaged the coat's pockets for my phone. But I only found Seo Woo's credit card. Nothing else. I turned around to find Jimin standing just a few feet from me, a confused look on his stupidly handsome face.

"Where's my phone?" I felt a lump in my throat. No wonder why my voice was thick.

"What are you doing, Eun Hee?" Jimin said, and took a step towards me.

I stepped back, raising my hand, gesturing at him to stop.

"Don't come near me. Where's my phone?" I said.

It was getting more difficult to talk as the minutes passed by.

"Why are you doing this?" He spoke, his voice soft.

My eyes flashed with anger. My fists clenched.

"What the fuck you mean why? Why the fuck are you doing this?" I shouted. "Why the fuck are you making my life hell? What have I done to you?"

My voice broke at the end, my eyes tearing up.

I wanted nothing more than to run away from here, from Jimin, from everything. Jimin was making it harder to stay. But he was making it harder to leave too. And I hated myself for this. I hated myself for being effected by his action. I hated myself for feeling weak because of him. And I hated myself that I couldn't hate him completely, even though all he did was hurt me.

His eyes darkened.

"You think I'm making your life hell?" He spoke with anger and hurt hidden beneath his rough, husky voice.

"What else are you doing? You have made everything hell for me. You let your mother humiliate me. Because of your fucked up idea of taking me to your parents' house, now I am the new toy for tabloid. Because of you I'm gonna keep on getting panic attack. Everything's messed up because of you."

He masked his emotions well. I couldn't tell whether he was sorry or not. From the clenched fists and clenched jaw, I could tell he was angry. At me or at himself? I didn't know.