Chapter Twenty Nine

"A little bit of tough love never hurts."

● ● ●

29.
GREEDY PERVERT

"Shit." Jimin cursed.

I wanted to laugh at his agitated face, but I was scared shitless. The sky had turned dark and it had started raining cats and dogs. It was raining so hard that it was difficult to see the road clearly, and there was still an hour to go till we reached the resort.

"Uh. Jimin?" I said.

He glanced at me, his brows furrowed in concentration and worry. "Yes?"

"I think maybe we can stop somewhere? The rain's too heavy." I looked out of the window to notice the intensity of downpour increasing. Then, I looked back at Jimin and added, "Maybe we should stop."

"I think so too. But we can't really stop in the middle of road. We'll have to find a gas station or a motel. I don't thi ㅡ"

"Look," I cut him off, pointing my finger at a board. A neon sign could be seen from the distance. Although, the vision was blurred due to rain, I could still see the faint pink and green light.

A motel.

"A motel," Jimin said, voicing my thoughts.

He turned the steering wheel and drove towards the motel. As the car came to halt in front of the building, I looked up through the window and at the motel. The neon sign read 'Pixie Motel' with the light of M flickering on and off. The building seemed run down and old, considering the broken wooden steps before the main door. A few bikes were parked outside.

Jimin might've noticed me looking at the building. "I know it seems old and very. . .uh. . ."

"Trashy?" I provided.

He nodded. "Yes. Trashy, to put it very bluntly. But it's the only place for us to stay. For now."

I nodded hesitantly.

I had never stayed in a motel, and I wasn't so sure about staying here, neither did I have any idea how long will the rain take to stop. Without further ado, we climbed out of the car. As soon as I was out of the shelter of car, the rain seeped into my clothes. I was drenched from head to toe. My teeth started chattering as the cold downpour rained on me.

"Come on. Let's go," Jimin said.

We speed walked and climbed up the steps which creaked under our weight. I was afraid the wooden steps would break. As soon as we entered the building, I could say that I was shivering. I wrapped my arms around me and rubbed my arms to gain some warmth, but the effort was futile.

Jimin seemed cold too. His nose was pink, but he wasn't shivering. We walked to the counter where a bald man with a pot belly stood, playing something on his phone - a game, I supposed.

"Excuse me," Jimin said, trying to get the attention of the man.

The man looked up and a grin spread on his face, showing his crooked teeth. A chill ran down my spine as he looked at me from head to toe. I stood a little closer to Jimin. He must've noticed that I was uncomfortable, as his arms snaked around my waist pulling me a bit closer to him. As much as I didn't want to admit, his touch made me feel secure.