Chapter Five

"Love is merely a madness."

● ● ●

05.
FIRST DAY AT PARK ENTERPRISES

I was standing in front of a tall, four storeys building with a coffee cup on my hand. 'Park Enterpises' written in golden cursive writing. The building itself was a wonder. The way it was built, modern and intimidating, just like Jimin himself.

The sun was setting down the horizon, the purple, pink and orange hues painted on the vast canvas of sky. The soft, gentle breeze caressed my face. I took a deep breath in order to calm my jittery nerves. After that text, I had spent hours at night thinking of the job proposal. The proposal didn't seem so bad and it was in my favour anyways. Less work, no specific qualifications necessary, and evening timings. It was, to say atleast, perfect job for a university student like me.

So I agreed.

Jimin was more than happy to hand me the job and I would have been a fool not to accept. It's not like The Park Jimin proposes such generous job offers everyday. Sana's words, not mine.

I entered the building. The interior was the best of its kind. Leather sofas, expensive wooden desks, off-white coloured walls with golden patterns, linoleum floor. It was very impressive. As expected from a person like Jimin. I was at awe of the beautiful, modern building.

Overcoming the initial awe, I walked towards the main receptionist desk. A woman, maybe in her late twenties, was typing away something on the laptop in front of her. I coughed to grab her attention. She looked up.

"Oh, hello Miss. How may help you?" She grinned a little too big for it to be a real smile.

"Hey. I'm Eun Hee. I'm here to meet Mister Jimin," I said, tucking a stray lock of hair behind my ear, politely smiling at her.

I was nervous and I didn't know why. Maybe because it was my first day or maybe because I had to meet Jimin. He made me nervous.

"And you have an appointment, I assume?" She asked, typing away on her laptop again.

"I don't think so. Look, I already talked to him. Just inform him that Eun Hee is here," I said, putting weight on my one foot and then the other.

She looked at me, gave me a once over from my head to toe. I was wearing a dark blue pencil skirt that reached a little below my knees, a white blouse with a dark blue blazer over it, and white flats. I couldn't wear heels. I had stretched a tendon in the foot and it hurt to wear heels. And flats were way more comfortable anyways. I was sure even when my foot recovered, I would still wear flats.

I was feeling self conscious of her judging gaze. She was so prim and proper, like she belonged here, in Park Enterprises. And judging by the looks she was giving me, I was sure she thought the exact opposite of me. Not like I cared. I was here for job, not for a fashion show.

"No appointment, no meeting," she said, and went back to typing.

I sighed.

Couldn't Jimin inform the receptionist at least, I thought. He himself had told me to come to the office today at this exact time.