Chapter Eleven

"Where there is love, there is life."

● ● ●

11.
I HATE IT

"Seo Woo..." Jimin muttered, his tone indecipherable.

But it seemed like Seo Woo was oblivious to Jimin's behaviour or even if he noticed, he acted like he didn't, which was kind of brave of him because an angry Jimin was a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. I shuddered when I thought about that day at office when he yelled at me. It had scared the hell out of me. Shrugging these thoughts off my mind, I paid attention to present.

"Park Jimin. What a wonderful surprise!" Seo Woo said, his voice cheerful.

"What are you doing here?" Jimin asked him.

"I sta..." Seo Woo started.

My eyes widened. "Hey. Why don't you come in? We're having pancakes. Would you like some?" I cut him off, letting out a nervous laugh at the end. I didn't know why I didn't want Jimin to know that Seo Woo had stayed the night at my house.

Jimin's attention turned to me and his eyes softened just a bit.

"Yeah. Let's have breakfast together," saying this, Seo Woo retraced his steps back to the kitchen.

I looked at Jimin to see him glaring at Seo Woo's retreating figure.

What's his problem?

"Uh...Come in, please," I said, giving him space wide enough to enter my apartment.

I slammed the door shut behind me. Walking side to side towards the kitchen, I gestured Jimin to sit on one of the chairs in front of the island and he obliged. He was still looking confused and a bit off, though he had cooled down considerably. He wasn't clenching his jaw or his fists.

"Would you like some pancakes?" Seo Woo asked.

"No," Jimin said.

"Juice?" I offered.

He looked at me. I gave him a small smile, gesturing towards the jug of juice. But he didn't return it with one of his own. Instead, he stared at me with indecipherable emotions swirling in his eyes.

And then he nodded.

I grabbed the jug and filled the glass with orange juice. I put the jug back on the counter and put the glass in front of Jimin on the kitchen counter.

Seo Woo placed the pancakes on the counter too. I sat next to Jimin while Seo Woo sat opposite to me. My mouth watered at the sight of delicious pancakes. We all dug in without further ado.

"Hmm. These are so yummy, Seo Woo," I said, my mouth full of pancakes.

"I'm glad you like them," he said, giving me a cute smile.

"Like them? I absolutely love them."

He chuckled at my words and also at my face that seemed like a chipmunk. But I didn't care. These heavenly pancakes had all of my attention.