Chapter Nine

"Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen everyday."

● ● ●

09.
MYSTERIES & FAVOURS

I was standing outside Jimin's office with an espresso in my hand, contemplating whether I should knock or not. It had been five minutes already and I still didn't have enough courage to knock at his door. I didn't want to experience his rage, just like that day.

Whatever. I'll just give it to him and hurry back.

Not giving myself enough time to overthink my decision, I knocked at the door.

"Come in," he said, after a few moments.

I turned the door knob and first stuck my head inside. There was no one else apart from him this time. I shut the door behind me as I fully walked in. Jimin was writing something in a leather journal, reading glasses at the tip of his nose. He looked sophisticated in those glasses. Sexy even. Well, he looked hot in everything.

In was so lost in checking him out that I didn't notice he was looking at me now, a smirk on his lips. When I came back to my senses, I caught his eyes. He raised his eyebrow and I flushed a deep red shade of embarrassment. I averted my gaze immediately, my free hand balling into a tight fist.

"I...uh... I brought you coffee."  I lifted up the coffee cup and gave him a tight smile.

"Come here," he said, his voice deeper than usual.

"What?"

His come here seemed so...so possessive. And so hot. My knees felt weak, the attraction I felt for him surfacing again. There was no point in denying that my body reacted differently to him due to insane attraction I felt for him.

"Come here and give me coffee," he said, leaning back in his seat, putting his arms behind his head for support.

I was confused for a few seconds, but then I realised that I was still standing near the door. The coffee wouldn't magically fly to his table. My lips turned into an O as I slowly padded across the room towards his table. He watched my every moment like a predator watching its prey, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

His mood did a 180 today. Yesterday, he went off without any reason. But today he was anything but angry.

Placing the coffee in front of him at the table, I turned around to walk out of the room when he caught my wrist in his hand. My eyes widened as my heart beat accelerated. I felt a jolt of electricity pass through my hand where he touched. My wrist felt like someone had set it on fire. I felt tingles all over my body. It was crazy how my body was reacting to his touch. Damn hormones.

I turned my head to look at him.

"What?" I asked, my face turning beet red, as I pulled my hand back, free for his grip. I seriously had lost count of how many times did I blush in Jimin's presence. Everything he did made me flustered.

"Why don't you sit here for a few minutes?" He gestured towards his lap.

My eye widened and my jaw dropped.