About Addiction

I didn't think I'd have to write this to make people understand what exactly they're dealing with when they decide to read this book. But guess what? Here I am.

I'll get straight to the point. Recently, I've been reading comments regarding how they're tired of Jimin being a little shit in this book, and them judging the book based on his behaviour instead of what this book represents.

ADDICTION is a book about toxic love. It deals with the negative side of love, when it gets poisonous for the people involved. I had thought I made it clear in synopsis. But I guess some took it only metaphorically. This isn't a happy-go-lucky book. It does have cute moments and lovey dovey shit. But mostly, it deals with how toxic love seems like. How their behaviours are repetitive. How they hurt each other even if they don't mean to.

I mean, the book itself is named Addiction and an addiction can never be good. I am honestly a bit tired of seeing comments that belittle the book based on how some characters are behaving. If you don't want to read a book about the bad kind of love, then please see yourself out of this book. No need for comments that belittle the work of an author who literally puts hours into writing despite the hectic university schedule.

There's a proper reason as to why Jimin behaves the way he does. Everything will be explained in future chapters. All I ask is to read between the lines. My characters are mostly like an open book and their emotions are overflowing. Some readers just read the book on a superficial level. My request from you guys is to try to read between the lines and try to understand why a character is behaving the way they are.

Or stop reading the book if you find their behaviours repetitive and annoying.

That being said, if you do decide to read it further and with more understanding, thank you very much.

Stay safe and happy.
Love, Rose.