Chapter Eighteen

"It is hard to tell your mind to stop loving someone if your heart still does."

● ● ●

18.
SANA & A PLEASANT SURPRISE

"Eun Hee!"

Sana's voice startled me. I looked up to see that the professor had finished the lecture and was packing up his papers. I let out a sigh.

"Did I zone out again?"'I asked, picking up my books and putting them in the bag.

"Yes, you did. What's up with you?" She asked, both hands on her waist as she stood akimbo.

I stiffened for a second and then turned to look at her. Her eyebrows were raised.

"It's nothing, Sana. I just didn't get enough sleep last night."

We were out of our class and walking through a crowd of students. I had been zoning out since the classes started today. Yesterday's events were going through my head, especially the text I received last night. My sleep had vanished after reading that text.

"You know that I'm your best friend, right? I know when you are lying," she said, giving me a don't even try to deny it look.

I let out a sigh. "Let's put these books in the locker and I'll tell you everything once we eat something. I'm hungry."

She hummed in response.

After putting our books into the locker  we started walking towards the cafeteria. Sana had suggested that we go off the campus to a café but I refused. I wasn't in the mood to go out today. I just wanted to get over with this stupid university, go home and sleep for rest of the day.

I was exhausted. How could I even sleep after everything that happened. Jimin's mother's words kept circling in my mind.

Gold digger.

Poor.

I knew I shouldn't be thinking about what she thought of me or what Jimin thought of me for the matter of fact. But her words and Jimin's silence was making me feel miserable. His silence was a proof that he thought the same about me. And the text too.

Don't come to office. CEO's orders.

That was the text his receptionist sent me last night.

Don't come to the office.

CEO's orders.

Was he serious? How could he fire me from the job? I didn't even do anything wrong. All I did was agree to his order and do what he wanted me to do.

The text made me cry. As soon as I felt like I've ran out of tears, I was proven wrong. And I didn't even know why I was crying so much. He didn't matter to me. I didn't want to see him anyways, after the fucking scene at his parents house. But then why was I feeling so miserable?

I missed my brother so much. If he was here, he'd have helped me through hard time like this. He'd have been the one who's shoulder I would be crying on. But he wasn't there.