Chapter Thirty

"In only you may your soul be satisfied."

● ● ●

30.
SURPRISE SURPRISE

To say that the car ride wasn't awkward would be understatement of the century. The awkwardness was so thick in the air that it could be cut with a knife. But it wasn't just awkwardness. It was the sexual tension too that had left me more frustrated than I already was.

I couldn't look into Jimin's eyes, not after what happened and what didn't. I was so thankful when I came to my senses and out of the shackles of lust. I realised that I'd have regretted if I had let desire be the cause of something more than a make out session between us.

I had to stay away from Jimin. Physically, at least. Because my mind didn't seem like it had any plans of staying away from the thoughts of Jimin.

Jimin cleared his throat and my attention snapped towards him. "We are almost there. Just a...few minutes. Half an hour at max," he said, without looking at me.

"Okay."

When the man had knocked at the door and informed us that Jimin should park the car at the proper place, I had noticed that the rain had stopped. So I had stopped Jimin and had said, "Rain has stopped. Let's just go. We shouldn't stay the night."

He had nodded. And now in the dark of the night, we were on our way to resort.

It was silent in the car except for the soft sound of a song being played on the radio. I extended my arm to increase the volume a bit. At the same time, Jimin did the exact thing too. Our hands touched and I felt my skin tingle where his hand touched, a blush spread across my face. I hurriedly pulled my hand back.

"Should I...uh...increase the volume?" Jimin asked, unsure.

"Yes," I said, without looking at him.

He did as I said.

After that, the journey was quiet. Neither of us said anything. I was lost in my own thoughts. After almost thirty minutes, just as Jimin had said, we reached a check post. Jimin slowed down the car, showed them his ID card. Apparently, this was the check post before his resort. No one was allowed without showing their ID cards first, not even the owner.

I admired the scenery despite the darkness. There were lampposts all along the way, most of them turned off since the place still hadn't been open to general public. The whole area was surrounded by greenery. The car stopped in front of a magnificent building. My jaw dropped in awe of the modern and stylish building in front of me. Still awestruck, I climbed out of the car.

"Wow."

Jimin, now out of the car, chuckled at my reaction and I immediately closed my mouth, self consciously, hoping I didn't drool. I tucked a strand of hair that had escaped the messy bun due to air, behind my ear, looking at my feet, avoiding Jimin's eyes.

"Let's go, Eun Hee," Jimin said.

I looked up and nodded, hesitantly.

As expected, the interior was even better than the exterior of this building, showing just how rich Park family was. I wanted to laugh and cry simultaneously at the way the world works. Some people have all the money in the world, even though they don't need it. And some people don't even have a roof over their head, can't even afford to eat a meal three times a day. It is strange, the way the world works.