Chapter Twenty Seven

"Love doesn't hurt. Expectations do."

● ● ●

27.
OFF TUNE SINGING

Mr. Park entered the lounge while we were sipping on tea. Jimin's mother was acting extremely sweet and her fake cheerfulness was annoying the hell out of me. Jimin was oblivious to all this. He seemed like he genuinely couldn't look past his mother's fake exterior.

"Eun Hee! What a pleasant surprise," Mr Park said.

I looked up at Jimin's father and gave him a genuine smile. I stood up, shaking his hand.

"It's nice to meet you again, Mr Park," I said.

He smiled, his eyes crinkling around the corners showing the sign of aging.  "You too, dear. Please have a seat." He gestured towards the couch where I was sitting before.

I nodded, sitting next to Jimin. Mr Park sat across from us, next to his wife who ㅡ surprise surprise ㅡ was scowling at me. I stopped myself from rolling my eyes.

"Dad," Jimin said, finally acknowledging his father, nodding at him, a gentle smile on his face. They seemed to talk through eyes, because next thing I know, Mr Park turned to look at me with a soft smile.

"So we've decided to go for a vacation to our private resort and you have to come with us."

My eyes widened.

I have to go on a vacation? With them? Are they kidding me?

With all the stuff going on, they were thinking of vacations. I turned to look at Jimin, raising my eyebrow as if asking what the hell.

He sighed.

"Father thinks that it'd be better for us to stay away from the paparazzi for some time. Wait till the matter cools down," he explained.

Oh.

"But dad, don't you think it'd be easy for them to find out that we're at your resort? They already know that's our go-to place for vacations, and we can't really just vanish without telling our company that we're going for a vacation," Jimin asked his father.

Mr Park seemed to be in deep thought, and then a smile lit up on his face. It seemed like an idea had struck his mind at perfect time.

"Why don't you two go to your new resort? There hasn't been official news regarding its opening. Right?" He looked at Jimin.

"That is not a bad idea, actually," Jimin said. "There hasn't been an official opening for it yet. It might actually be the perfect place to go right now."

A new resort?

Jimin owned a hotel, was the CEO of Park J. Enterprises, and he was opening a new resort too. Just how filthy rich he was? No wonder why tabloids were after him all the damn time. And now were after me too.

"Uh..."

Everyone turned to look at me as if just realising that I was there too. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, taking in a breath instead.