Chapter Ten

"Love when you are ready, not when you are lonely."

● ● ●

10.
A SURPRISE GUEST

It was Friday night. I had just came back from office and was exhausted. Taking a long, relaxing bath, I put on the bathing robe, covered my hair with a towel as I walked back into my room. Before I could change into my pyjamas, the bell rang.

"Who could be at the door at this time?" I asked out loud to no one in particular.

Sana maybe?

No, it can't be her. She's at her own house.

She would've texted me before coming here. Wouldn't she?

Tightening the robe around me, I headed out of my room and towards the door. As I yanked open the door, I was greeted by someone I did not expect to see at my apartment at this time.

Seo Woo?

He was standing there, scratching the back of his neck, looking nervous. I was shocked to see him. Why was he here?

"Hey," he murmured, looking down at his feet.

"Hey. Seo Woo, what a...pleasant surprise. I... Is everything okay?" I asked, leaning against the door. "If you don't mind me asking, why are you here?"

He grimaced. "I do mind you asking that," he said, rubbing his bottom lip with his thumb.

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm serious, Seo Woo. Why are you here?" I asked, my voice firm.

But it seemed like he wasn't in mood to be serious.

"Come on now, Eun Hee. Is that a way to treat your guest? I'm very disappointed."

He tsked, shaking his head. His words reminded me of Jimin. That's exactly what he had said when he came to my house that night and then asked me on a date the next day. It seemed like so long had passed since then.

"Ugh. Come on in." I opened the door wide enough to let him enter, and then slammed the door shut.

He walked straight into my living room and jumped on my sofa.

I glared at him. "You've made yourself at home, I see." Sarcasm dripped from every word I said.

He chuckled, lying comfortably on the sofa, his hands were his pillow tucked underneath his head. His eyes were closed. When I didn't say a word and kept on glaring at him, he opened his left eye to look at me and then closed it again.

"I like your attire. It suits you. Is it one of the latest fashion trends? I'm not sure I've seen it before." A mischievous smirk made its way to his otherwise gentle face.

Upon his words, my eyes widened in realisation that I was still wearing the bath robe. My cheeks set aflame, heat spreading towards my neck and ears. I mumbled 'be right back' and dashed towards the bathroom with my clothes. I could hear the roar of his laughter behind me.