Chapter Twelve

"If you want to know where your heart is, look where your mind goes when it wanders."

● ● ●

12.
PERFECTIONIST

After changing back into my clothes, I picked up the dresses and went out of the changing room. As soon as Jimin had left after pulling that stunt, I sat down on the bench at the far side of the changing room and tried to calm my racing heart. It seemed like it was going jump out of my throat any minute now. And not to forget about my burning face; it felt like it was on fire. I fanned myself to cool it down, which, to be honest, only helped a little.

Now as I left the changing room, I noticed Jimin on his phone talking to someone in a low voice. As soon as his eyes landed on me, I instantly felt the heat racing up my neck to my cheeks. I averted my gaze.

He ended the call.

"Are you done?" He asked, his voice void of any emotion.

I looked up into his eyes and nodded slowly.

"Yeah, I'm done," I murmured.

He gestured towards the payment counter.

"Let's go, then."

The reception lady walked towards me.

Giving me an icy glare, she faked a smile, and said, "Here let me take these dresses."

I nodded and handed them over to her.

Jimin payed for the dress, which, I might add, was very expensive. I picked up the shopping bags. There were two bags but I only bought one dress. I looked at Jimin quizzically.

He shrugged.

"It has matching shoes."

Oh.

So, that's why he was asking for my shoe size when I was still in changing room. Such a perfectionist.

He started walking out of the shop and I followed the suit.

"Thank you for shopping. Please come again," the receptionist said in an overly cheery voice.

Yeah right. I'm never coming here again.

Jimin paid her no attention and that strangely satisfied me. A smile made its way to my face.

Serves her right.

I hurried to catch up to Jimin who was a few steps ahead of me. As we walked out of the mall, Jimin's car was already there. I thought that he was going to open the door for me when he started walking towards the car. But I was proven wrong when he circled the car and opened the driver's seat, sliding it.

This was unusual. Whenever I was with Jimin, he always opened the door for me even if I didn't want him. And now, when I had shopping bags with me, the least he could do was open the door. But I didn't think too much about it as I took both the bags in one hand and opened the door with other, sliding into the passenger seat. I put the bags in the backseat and then, put on the seat belt.