Chapter Seven

"I'm selfish because I'll never share you with anyone else."

● ● ●

07.
COFFEE AND MOOD SWINGS

The bell above the elevator dinged and the doors opened to an empty elevator. I stepped inside, hoping Jimin would not follow me and would take the stairs. But to my displeasure and just because of my bad luck, he entered and pressed the button for parking area. I kept looking down at my shoes, putting as much distance as I could out between us.

I stayed quiet and didn't look up from the floor. It seemed way more interesting than having a conversation with Jimin. But I could feel his piercing gaze boring metaphorical holes at the side of my face. However, before I could look up, the elevator dinged and came to a halt. The doors opened and I tried to hurry out of it, but Jimin stepped outside at the same time and his warm hand brushed against my cold one, I retraced my hand back quickly.

The parking area was almost empty except for Jimin's car and two other cars. The eerie silence made a chill ran down my spine. I walked straight out of the parking area

How would I get taxi at this time?

I contemplated on whether to call Sana at this time or not. It wasn't that late but I wasn't so sure about calling her because she hadn't been sleeping well lately. However, I didn't have any other option. As I grabbed my phone from the purse, I realised that Sana was at her grandparents house which was an hour ride from here. Shit.

I was so busy in my internal monologue that I didn't notice Jimin's car next to me. When he honked the horn, I jumped, startled by the sudden disturbance in silence. I placed a hand over my chest to calm my heart and glared at him.

"Come on, Eun Hee. I'll drop you off," he said, cocking his head to side, a small smile on his devilishly handsome face.

What the fuck?

I couldn't understand his weird behaviour. One moment he was mad at me, throwing a useless tantrum because I brought him coffee. A freaking cup of coffee that he specifically told me would be my job. And now he was all smiles, offering me a ride home. I didn't know if I wanted to snap at him or simply ignore him. I couldn't understand him.

I looked at him and gave him an are-you-kidding-me-right-now look. He shrugged slightly. And then, "Come on, I don't have all night. I am exhausted."

"No, thank you. I appreciate the offer but I'll go home myself," I said, giving him a tight lipped smile.

I wanted to show him I was mad at his stupid behaviour. Just because I had started working for him, it didn't mean that he could treat me like trash. He couldn't and I wouldn't let him.

Without waiting for his response, I walked out of the parking lot, and onto the pavement along the empty road. There were no taxis in sight, not even a single one. I huffed a sigh.

Seems like I'll have to walk home. It's gonna be a long night.

Thank God, I was wearing flats and not heels. Now, that would've been something if I was wearing stilettos. My feet wouldn't forgive me for making them endure such a torture. I shuddered at the thought.

I had walked a few meters when Jimin's car passed by me. I narrowed my eyes at the back of the car. He didn't even stop to ask me if I wanted lift.

But he asked you, the angel in my mind said.

But he should've asked again. It's his mistake anyways for making you angry, whispered the red horned demon. I could almost imagine a little demon crossing his hands over his chest and looking at the angel with a smirk and the angel rolling eyes in response.