Chapter Five

"What's the point of keeping her alive?"

"Well, what's the point of killing her?"

"She's a human! She's seen us shift. You were supposed to kill her last night!"

The voices drifted from the kitchen downstairs. They were silent yells as the two argued with one another. Aaron held a cloth to the side of his face, the scratches and bites there already nearly healed. Jrasic leaned against the counter across from him, a hand brushing his hair out of his face.

"I know what I'm doing," Jrasic said in a near snarl.

"Do you, Jrasic?" Aaron dropped the rag to the counter top and scowled at the man across from him. "We haven't run together in years..."

"And I ruined it, I know," Jrasic crossed his arms, refusing to look at Aaron. "But that wasn't a run, Aaron. It was a hunt and you know I don't do that anymore."

"How was it any different than the man in the street?"

"You said they were after you," Jrasic snapped back. "It's different."

Aaron leaned off his counter and took a stride toward Jrasic, making him look up. "We still chased him down and killed him. Is it because she's a girl? Do you pity her?"

Jrasic said nothing but stood up. Aaron didn't shy away and instead matched him.

"Sonya will have to know about this," Aaron said. "Because at this point, your student's not just a threat to you or me, but to both our packs. She'll lead them right to us and then you would have killed that man for nothing." Jrasic flinched, making Aaron smirk. "You need to do something about it."

"Like what?" Jrasic snorted. "Send her on another hunt?"

Aaron simply shook his head. "You have two options: you can either kill her, or turn her."

Jrasic's face fell at the second option and he took a staggering step backwards. Aaron turned his hands up and retreated to the door.

"It's your choice, Jrasic," he said, opening the door. "Make one quick before Sonya makes one for you."

• • • • ☾ • • • •

Terra lay above them, having barely moved in her sleep. She pushed herself up on shaking arms then ran a hand through her hair, pulling out small twigs that remained. She stood up too quickly and her legs give out just before she stumbled forward.

She latched onto the closest thing, landing right onto a table. Something glass, she didn't see what, crashed off the edge. She was still exhausted from the night before, sore throughout her body, but she still straightened herself up against a wall.

Terra put on an expressionless face and moved slowly to the top of the stairs. She crossed her arms, but stayed leaning against the wall for support. Jrasic came around the bottom of the stairs, making her scowl.