Chapter Seventy-Four

By the time the Hunters came with the next supply delivery, the freed wolves had mostly settled in, though still more or less kept separate from Terra's wolves

By the time the Hunters came with the next supply delivery, the freed wolves had mostly settled in, though still more or less kept separate from Terra's wolves. There ended up being enough rooms for only a few wolves to have to share, though the cell wolves didn't seem to have much of a problem with that. Most stayed to their rooms even well into the afternoon as a small group of armed Hunters brought food, toiletries and other necessities into the wolf house.

As the wolves, mostly from the original pack, put them away, Brit wandered over to Trench's side. Dominic was nowhere in sight, and she'd given up looking for him. "So," she started and rocked on her feet. "Dom couldn't make it today?"

"Nah," Trench muttered and unpacked cans into the pantry. He paused with a can of soup in hand and glanced through the kitchen to the only other Hunter working there. "He...suddenly couldn't make it," he added to Brit and gave her a particular look as he shoved the can away.

"I wanted to get some training done," Brit explained with a light shrug. "This house is suddenly so crowded, it would have been nice to work outside for a bit."

Trench hummed a little and took up the now empty box. "Yes, training," he said. "Well. He did mention you two found a nice spot for it. So...just how are you with a bow now?"

"Oh, like I've been practicing for years." Brit gave him a hidden smile and started to help with the cans. "It's like the bow has become a part of me."

"Sounds like a true natural," Trench said. "Like it was meant to be. Or something." He snatched a can from her and nodded through the house. "Shouldn't you be off working with it, then?"

"I might as well practice while I have the chance." Brit spun away from him and raised a hand. "See you, Trench!" Before he could even reply, Brit had made it to the front door and burst into the snow. She pulled a heavy hood over her, and zipped it up as she moved through the flakes falling around her. Brit tried to keep her walk calm, but couldn't help picking up the pace as Green Tea came into view.

The greenhouse was warm as she pushed her way in and lowered the hood. Brit looked around and, with a resigned sigh, picked up Dominic's scent. She followed it around a bend and paused when she didn't immediately see him.

Arms came around her from behind and Dominic sneaked a kiss to her cheek. "You're late for training," he said and didn't let her go.

Brit leaned back into him with a happy sigh and tipped her head back. "Well, I thought you were busy with a supply run, until Trench told me otherwise."

"I was supposed to be," Dominic admitted and lightly squeezed her to him. "But they 'changed plans' at the last second. I guess I'm 'spending too much time at the wolf house'."

"This is much better," she assured him. Brit turned around in his arms and leaned up a little, silently asking for a kiss.

The smile he reserved just for her appeared across his face before he gave into her wish, and met her lips with his. Brit wrapped her arms around his neck to draw him closer and pressed herself against him. She drew back only to glance around the greenhouse and grinned.