Chapter Ninety-Four

Of course the wheelchair was a necessity, but it was how his muscles were still too weak to wheel himself that irritated Jrasic

Of course the wheelchair was a necessity, but it was how his muscles were still too weak to wheel himself that irritated Jrasic. Lynea supported much of his weight as she helped him into it, pain flaring through his entire leg even once he was in the seat. He had done little, but Jrasic was already breathless, clutching tight to the chair's arms until the ever present pain dulled a little.

"You know-" Lynea started but Jrasic cut her off with a growl.

"Don't even say it'll just 'take time'," he muttered. Lynea scowled at him, the expression only half heartened.

"I think it suits you," Jake said from the doorway.

Terra smacked his shoulder but was still smiling. "Oh, leave him alone."

Jrasic glared at them all, especially as Lynea moved to the chair handle and pushed him forward. "Hey," Lynea said. "Once you can do this yourself, maybe you can give us a lift sometime." A growl was Jrasic's only reply, making Lynea laugh.

"Okay, come on. We need to get going." Terra stepped out of the doorway and twirled keys around her fingers.

Lynea rolled Jrasic out after her, occasionally poking fun at him, all of which he tried to ignore. He'd been staying in a room on the ground floor just down a hall from the main doors. Only a few wolves were around and all politely got out of the group's way when they passed. Jrasic tried to keep his gaze straight ahead and on Terra alone. It was his first real time out of the room and he was unsure if he was ready to see the rest of the Manor just yet.

Terra went out the front to one of two cars and held the passenger door open to help Jrasic in.

"I got him," Lynea offered and assisted in transferring him into the car next. She collapsed the wheelchair and made for the back of the car afterwards. "I suppose I'll just hang out around here," she added to Terra as she fit the chair into the trunk.

"We won't take long," Terra promised. She moved to the driver's side and smiled. "Thanks for all your help." Lynea returned the expression and just raised a hand in farewell. She turned just as Jrasic pulled his own door shut, watching her through the mirror as the other wolf retreated back to the manor.

Terra slid in the car and glanced at Jrasic as she pulled out through the dirt road and then towards the Compound. "It's just Willow and Brady today," she said. "I've talked to them once before, but since they were close to Aaron..."

"It's fine," Jrasic said but wouldn't meet her gaze. "We all pretty much grew up together. I just..."

"Their concern is mainly with each other, now. They seem sure that we would never trust them, but how can I if they don't trust us?" Terra shook her head and sighed. "I think you might help."

Jrasic hummed a little, just watching the forest pass outside the window. "I guess we'll see."

She nodded and kept a tight grip on the wheel. When Terra pulled into the Compound she released a breath of relief. "I've been driving again, but it's been a long time." She offered him a smile and then shut off the car. When she opened his door, she had the chair setup and wheels locked. "Ready?"