Chapter Seven

It was early in the evening but Terra couldn't tell how many days had passed

It was early in the evening but Terra couldn't tell how many days had passed. She'd gotten progressively worse and could barely move from the bed. Even with heavy covers, she was shaking and the only time she did move was to crawl to the bathroom to vomit up her empty stomach. She thought she'd passed out there once, but when she woke, she was in bed again.

When she woke again for real, Terra tried to push herself up on shaking arms, slowly so that she didn't upset her stomach.

"Hello sunshine," Aaron said with a grin cracking his face. He was perched on the edge of the bedside table, one leg hooked over the other with Terra's sketchbook in his lap. "Don't you look just peachy today."

Terra flinched at his voice, her eyes went straight to her sketchbook, and she jolted forward. "Give that back!" Her voice was hoarse, and instead of reaching him she pitched forward. Dizziness hit her again and she hung slightly over the edge of the bed. Terra felt her stomach churn, but she forced the feeling back down.

"Easy there, Pup." Aaron tucked the sketchbook under one arm and eased Terra back into the bed with the other. "Last thing you need is to break a bone falling out of bed or something." Aaron relocated himself to the foot of the bed where he brought the sketchbook back to his lap and flipped it open. A menacing wolf stared up at him from the page and Aaron rose his eyebrows at it. "You're not that bad of an artist, Pup. Not bad at all."

With a slight noise of pain, Terra pushed herself forward again. "Don't call me that." She reached out weakly for her sketchbook. "That is mine and I want it back." Her face paled and she winced again, but tried to hide it under her anger.

Aaron half turned his body away but reached an arm out to her all the same. He poked her hard on the forehead as if holding her away at arm's length. "Gosh, so materialistic," Aaron said with a heavy eye roll. He snapped the book shut and stood up suddenly. "Alright, calm down, Pup. Before you pull something." He returned the book to the side table and turned his gaze back to her. "Oh sorry, do you prefer 'sunshine'?" His crooked grin returned.

"My name is Terra." The shaking started again, tremors running through her, even worse than before. Darkness rushed at her suddenly, forcing her to close her eyes as she lost sense of what was around her. Everything was suddenly blocked out, and Terra slipped sideways towards the edge of the bed.

Firm arms came around her as Aaron pulled her back to the confines of the bed, tucking blankets around her as if they would aid in keeping her still. "Would you just stay down? My God, when Jrasic said you didn't listen he sure meant it."

"Why should I listen to you?" Her voice shook and Terra kept her eyes closed. Her throat was parched but she knew if she drank water, it would come up in an hour, maybe less. "Where is he then?"

"The man's got to sleep too, you know," Aaron said, crossing his arms. "I come here just to check up on how this...situation is going and I find he hasn't slept in days? I told him I wouldn't leave until he got at least a few hours in. And he hates when I'm in his house so he tends to listen when I promise to leave." Although Aaron was smirking when he said it, there was a sort of pang to his voice. "So that means I get to play with you for a little bit." Aaron finished up his speech with a forged smile.