Chapter Sixteen

Shifting on Jrasic's bed, Terra glanced up at him as she sketched his jawline

Shifting on Jrasic's bed, Terra glanced up at him as she sketched his jawline. She bit her lip as she drew, her brow furrowing. "What did Jason mean when he said Jessie couldn't be controlled by you or Sonya?" She went back to her sketch and chewed at her lip as she tried to get his eyes just right.

Jrasic was perched on the edge of a desk beneath his windowsill, half facing Terra. "Not sure," he said with a shrug, driving a dagger tip into a chip in the desk. "Neither Sonya or I are Jessie's Sire so neither of us actually have a real bond with her that could potentially control her. Besides..." Jrasic lifted his head to glance out the window. "Jessie's an innocent wolf. Innocence like that isn't easily... manipulated."

"I guess I see what he means." She glanced up at him and scowled, throwing her eraser at him. "Stop moving, you're making this difficult."

Jrasic feigned a flinch against the eraser as it bounced off his arm. Leaning off the desk, Jrasic plucked her eraser from the floor and brought it over to her. "Here," he said, leaning onto the bed, eraser trapped in his hand. "Does this help?" He kissed her, hovering over the mattress.

Terra closed her eyes just a moment, but pulled back with a playful scowl. "It does not." She shut her sketchbook and leaned back so she sat on her knees. She pulled slightly at her shorts and crossed her arms. "You just don't appreciate my art." She winked at him and spun her pencil between her fingers.

"I appreciate much more than your art," Jrasic said and planted a kiss on her lips then on her forehead. When he pulled away, a frown slowly consumed his grin and he looked away from her. He leaned back and sat at the edge of the bed beside her.

Terra let the sketchbook drop and her hands went around the back of his shoulder. She leaned over him and kissed his jaw gently as she swung around, one leg swinging over him. "Well you appreciate at least my art, so that means something."

Jrasic captured her arms and pushed her onto her back. He kept her gently pinned, twisting around to hover over her partially, her leg still trapped over his lap.

"You can be though," he said. "You can be controlled by one of us. Not just by the Alpha." His grip on her loosened and he glanced away but didn't move. "Do you think that's what this is?"

Terra watched him in silence and let out a laugh. "Please, don't you think I'm stubborn enough to have a mind of my own?" She tilted her head. "Kiss me," Terra demanded, her tongue running over her lips just slightly.

Jrasic leaned further away from her. "Terra..." he said her name in hardly a whisper and made to sit up again.

Terra grabbed his shirt, pulling him back down to kiss her. She put her hand to his head and held him down. "Tell me I have no say over this then," she said, pulling back.

"But what if you don't?" Jrasic said. "The bond's a powerful thing. What if..." he trailed off and fell over to lay beside her.

Terra turned on her side, bringing one knee up and bumping her leg against him. "If I thought I was out of my own control, I would be out that door in a second."