Park Jihyo

"Hey! Jihyo, wake up!" The same voice every morning woke me up. I opened my eyes to see her smiling.

"You didn't tell me you're already a Kpop idol, Jihyo. You're keeping secrets from your Grandma."

"Ahh! I forgot to tell you Gramma! Mianhae~"

"But that's not what I'm excited for. Fix yourself first before you go out your room!" Grandma is early today. She's dressed and the food smells ethereal down there. I wonder who's the visitor. I just grabbed my comb and fixed my hair, didn't even wash my face. I'm too lazy. The visitor won't even mind me.

I stepped down the stairs, expecting to see Grandma's friend or someone who I don't know. But then as I arrived downstairs, the pale, milky-skinned boy I know smiled at me.

It's Min Yoongi.

Oh my god, my face. I hurried upstairs and closed my door. My heart is pounding very very fast.

"Hey Jihyo! Get down here now!" Gramma called me once again. I went to the bathroom and washed my face, thoroughly and cleanly. I don't want him to see my ugly face.

I went and grabbed my towel, wiped my face slowly. Is Min Yoongi really in my house?

Then I heard knocks on my door. "Hey, Jihyo." I opened the door, there I saw him. His smile is killing me! This is just too much for me! My heart, I can't understand this feeling! This adrenaline rush, this rushing feeling!

"Oh, why are you suddenly red?" Yoongi then pinched my cheek.

"N-Nothing."

"Let's go." I added as I pushed him lightly, and joined him downstairs.

"Come on, Jihyo, Yoongi. Let's eat."

I grabbed a bowl and ate. Not attending to Yoongi, ignoring him as he keeps on staring at me.

"Is the food delicious?"

"Yes, of course." He chuckled a little. "It's my favorite, thank you."

"Oh? I wasn't informed. It's your favorite? It's Jihyo's favorite dish too." I looked surprisingly at Gramma while she just smiles and chuckles.

Yoongi then smiled at me, and then to Gramma. I swear, Yoongi is trying to do something. Why is he suddenly emitting this aura?

His eyes are so, sharp. Like a knife, it's cutting through my, my heart.

And Gramma, what is she trying to do? I feel like she's up to something no good.

~

"I'll pick you up at 6 pm later."

"What are you? My personal butler? I can go home on my own."

"No. You're not safe. You're a trainee now, remember? I'm afraid you'd be attacked by my sasaengs."

"Nah. It'll be alright."

"I'll pick you up. 6 pm, no other reasons. Goodbye."

"Don't say goodbye too soon, maybe you won't see me anymore." I teasingly said.

"Don't worry, I'll always be there, wherever you are." He smirked and waved as he went inside his car again. I smiled, and blushed.

I went inside the campus, with eyes piercing on me. Did they see me and Yoongi?

"Was that Min Yoongi, with her?"

"Wow! She's so lucky!"

"She's Yoongi's girlfriend! I'm sure of it!"

Whispers are resonating around the hallway. And it's making me anxious. But then, arms wrapped around behind me. I looked behind to see Dahyun and Jeongyeon, their fingers on their ears, acting like body guards behind me.

"Please back off, Jihyo isn't accepting any autographs today." Dahyun said while we walked through the hallway.

"No! We said no autographs." Jeongyeon nagged at every person that says 'hi' or every person who tried to have a glance of my face. I swear, this two people here are overreacting.

They brought me to the cafeteria and let me sit down. They interrogated me as if I'm some kind of criminal.

"So, how does it feel to be Yoongi's girlfriend?"

"And how does it feel to be famous?"

"Your question Dahyun? I'm not his girlfriend. And Jeongyeon? I'm not famous."

"Can't you see?! Jihyo! You're going to be performing on stage! Artist, a person to look up to!"

"And you'll be having lots of money too." Dahyun smiled sinisterly.

"Okay okay, it feels good. I'm living my dream. I really want to be an idol and now that I have that dream on my hands, I feel very happy."

"And with that dream of yours, you destroyed my dream!" There stood Chaeyoung, widely known in our school as Rosé. You may have met her in the audition just last week. And she's here, acting like a brat.

"Eavesdropping eh? Haven't your mother taught you good manners?"

"And why are you salty about Jihyo's success in being a trainee? Are you jealous because she did better than you?" Jeongyeon and Dahyun both stood for me. Dahyun then raised her eyebrow, intimidating her.

"It's crystal clear and it's obvious, she cheated! Meddling with Min Yoongi's mind, am I right? I know you and Yoongi know each other. From that dating rumour, it was you who I saw, with Yoongi. And it was before the audition!"

Jeongyeon and Dahyun looked at me in confusion. I don't know what to say, I don't know what to do.

I just froze, why is she suddenly doing this?

"I don't know why you're doing this but all I can say is that you should shut up and mind your own business." I blurted out these words, not minding if I hurt her or not. I don't care. My hands and knees are shaking, her eyes are filled with rage.

Just as then I was about to blink, her fiery hands struck my face. Her palms hit hard on my cheeks, leaving a red mark on it.

My tears slowly fell down.

Now I see what's the downside here.

Everyone, and everything, will try to bring you down.