Min Yoongi

"Yoongi, just remember, when you're asking the hand of a woman, to her family, just be nice and kind. Don't lose your temper with their questions, okay?" I nodded as Jin-hyung patted my back. My hands are firmly grasping the fragrant flowers Jungkook bought, even though some have lost extra petals.

I borrowed tae's formal-but-casual clothes that are surprisingly, not Gucci. They do seem to be a little tight though, but it's not a hindrance for me to not look good.

Hoseok took a picture of me and commented "You look like husband material here." As he showed me the picture. Of course, I was a little flattered but I have to hide the smile since I'm Min Yoongi, the ice cold rude guy.

"Namjoon's running late, the cake." Jimin says as he looks at his wristwatch. I have to be there in 10 minutes.

"Who said I'm running late?" I felt relieved as Namjoon opened the door in a rush, pausing for a bit to catch his breath and then proceeding to give me the cake.

"You're sure you didn't destroy this?"

"It's the reason why I was so slow, I took care of it. If I arrived quicker than now then it's already destroyed." His innocent smile shone as he looked at me.

"And the car?" Jin-hyung asked.

"It's running well." Taehyung went inside, throwing me the keys after he checked it. I'm ready now. I keep on telling myself it's going to be fine. Just be confident, and show them that you deserve her.

I quickly went to the car and drove, without even waving at the people in my house. I arrived there quickly. I checked if I still look good first, then I knocked at the door.

I was expecting Jihyo to open, but an unfamiliar elderly woman showed up. Who's this?

"You're Jihyo's guest I suppose. Come in." She gestured me to come in like she owns the house. As I went to the living room, I was greeted by a lot of elderly women, Gramma included. But Jihyo's not here.

"Aren't you the guy from the TV?"

"No he isn't. He was the radio guy."

"The one who talks really fast?"

"It's called rapping."

"He also talked fast in the TV. My daughter has a picture of him on her room."

The elderly women inside the house then continued to argue about my identity. Gramma then stood up and chuckled. "I'm sorry, these are my friends and they like to argue over little things."

"Hey, everyone. He's Min Yoongi, he's a singer and composer." Singer? I don't sing.

"Singer? Well then let us hear your voice." A woman with a partially white-covered hair smiled at me and asked me to sing. I gulped and smiled nervously. I can feel sweat forming on my armpits already.

"Uhmm, I don't sing." Her face faded into disappointment. "You must've heard Gramma wrong, that's why you thought I could sing." I chuckled. Her other friends laughed at her for being deaf when Gramma clearly said 'singer'. I know, I feel bad too.

I sat down as Gramma poured each teacup a good amount of honey tea. And the elderly women's eyes, they seem to pierce through me. Their stares are as sharp as knives.

"Uhmm, I'm sorry I'm late." Her voice then came from a distance. Jihyo's footsteps came closer and closer to the living room, then now I saw her in casual-but-formal clothes. And her hair straight, face with little makeup, makes her look stunning in a natural way.

She smiled at me and made a little wave while mouthing "hi." Without a word she sat beside me, but as her body landed onto the couch, the stares turned to her and their eyebrows raised immediately. And what's more scary is that they were synchronized. Jihyo stood up and sat beside Gramma, leaving only me on the right side of the living room.

I stood up and gave her the flowers. Another elderly woman who has her hair flowing down to her waist grabbed it and smelled it. She nodded with her eyebrows furrowed, I think she likes it. Next, I laid and opened the box and revealed the cake to them. It was Gramma who tasted it first, scooping the cake with her finger and nodding with a smile.

"You passed the first test." An elderly woman who's wearing pink all over her body said and patted me on my shoulder. She also has a checklist that I can't seem to see what's written.

"How did you know you're in love with Jihyo?" The silence was broken as an elderly woman with a lot of jewelry in her neck and arm asked me a question.

Without hesitation, I answered her. "I knew I already love her when she was the only one I can think about that time. I get excited to wake up everyday, wanting to see her, I get motivated to do things I usually can't do because of her." Jihyo's face slowly turned red. She smiled, but she hid it immediately after the woman on her side looked at her. The woman who asked me then nodded and smiled.

"Do you promise to take care of her, not to make her cry, and love her like how I love her?" Gramma asked. The other women's eyes widened at her question, even Jihyo's eyes widened.

I didn't answer anything else. I straightforwardly said "Yes." Without hesitation.

"Congratulations! You're the guy!" The woman who asked me to sing then clapped her hands and shook hands with me. Gramma then raised her cup of tea and the other women followed. I raised mine too and we drank it all together. Jihyo now sat beside me, my left hand slowly intertwining with her right hand.

"How many grandchildren do you want?" The woman with her hair down her waist asked Gramma.

"I want four little children." I looked at Jihyo with a surprised look.

"Do you want four little children too?" I whispered. Jihyo smiled, looking really embarrassed.

"All I want to say to you, Jihyo and Yoongi, is that love can never be dictated or manipulated. The love you have now will change as time passes by, but I hope no one will let go."

Gramma's eyes gleamed with happiness. No, all of her friends' eyes gleamed with happiness.

They then continued to talk about how Jihyo was a crybaby when she was little and how tiny she was. They all seem to have a deep connection to her, they're her family. With the absence of her mother and father, she sure is lucky to have these Grammas to take care of her.

I wish, I just wish I had this kind of family with me.