Park Jihyo

"You enjoy sunsets, huh. Interesting." Yoongi beside me, utters as we look over the horizon from the hospital terrace. It's been 2 weeks since I got operated. I'm still stuck here, wandering inside the hospital, recovering from the pain.

"You're still far from knowing the whole of me." I say. I sighed and took a sip from the juice box Yoongi gave me.

"I do know a lot of things about you. You like sunny-side upped eggs, you like burnt toast with butter, you like to wear plain dresses, you don't want to go to school if you don't have perfume, you hate cutting your hair, you love lights such as Christmas lights and the bright lights from theme parks," Then he paused and smiled so mischievously. Like a smirk of some sort. "And I know you want to marry me." He says.

What?! How did he know?! I smiled and tried to contain the embarrassment, looking back at the sun as it sets.

"Don't worry Jihyo, I'd like to get married to you too." He says. It made me blush more. His eyes are glued to me even though I'm pretending like he's not there.

"The moment you look at me, you're already my property." He says in like, a serious tone. I smiled and jokingly tried not to look, making his eyes turn into a seemingly narrow line.

"So I guess you don't like me too." He turns his head and looks like he's about to leave. I quickly grabbed his hand and pulled him lightly, making him turn his head to me. I quickly closed my eyes, and slowly opened it. Revealing in front of me, Yoongi slowly raising his right eyebrow with a smile forming in his lips.

I smiled and said. "You fool, of course I like you." I hit him on his shoulder and looked at his eyes.

"So, you're mine now?"

"Why are you asking me? You said if I looked at your eyes I'm going to be yours." He smiled. He looked at our hands and intertwined it, tightly like it's the last time we're going to be together. He walked back beside me and looked at the sun as it sets.

"The sun's not looking so pretty this afternoon." His sudden change of topic confused me. "You know who's looking so pretty this time?" He looked at me with narrowed eyes, making me smile a lot more.

"Y'know, if my skin's just so fragile like paper, it could've already been ripped from all the smiles you're giving me." He didn't answer back. He just laid his eyes on me more.

"Who would've thought that I'd be a pervert on an elevator's girlfriend."

"And who would've thought I'd be a person who doesn't believe that accidents do happen and made me look like a fool's boyfriend." I giggled and replied.

"It won't change the fact the you could've held onto my arms or somewhere. But you chose to grab my chest!"

"Not going to be sorry." He says. We both giggle and spent the hours talking about random things as I sit on the sofa in the terrace while he lies down, his head resting on my lap.

People might think it was easy for him to get me, that I shouldn't be in love with him. He's a completely different person off-camera. He's sweet, caring, and he's kind. Deep inside those narrow eyes is a golden soul.

People might say that he didn't do much for me, didn't do much effort. He's done so much for me that it's going to be hard to pay it all back. I even owe my life to him. It's just a once in a lifetime when you meet someone like him.

I'm glad he has overcame his fears. He's just so devastated that it was hard for him to bring back himself.

"Jihyo."

"Hmm?"

"I love you."

Now I'm finally able to say it.

"I love you too."

~

"I'm just going to use a little tiny bit of foundation and I'm good to go."

"No Jihyo, you should be the prettiest in your school!"

"Believe me, I'm more pretty with simplicity." I say as I put my sandals on. Yoongi comes and hands me my bag and papers.

"Let me bring these books." He said. "Tiring, isn't it?"

"Yeah. College is hell."

"You shouldn't be stressing too much." We walk down the hallway and to the elevator. He's going to be driving me to school.

"How can I not? It's going to be hard for me to catch up."

"Don't worry. I'll invite Namjoon and Seokjin-hyung over to help you."

"You really don't have to." He didn't answer me anymore. He just looked straight at my eyes and raised his right eyebrow.

"Okay, fine." I scoffed and rolled my eyes. He walked quickly to his car. His car keys swinging from left to right. He walks really fast, like a killer's chasing him. I opened the car door now and sat beside him.

"Do I look good?" I ask as I brush off bristles of dust from my navy blue uniform and maroon skirt.

"What do you think?"

"Tch, I'm asking you."

"Do I really need to say yes? Of course you always do. You're Park Jihyo. Of course you're beautiful." His words made my heart flutter. I moved closer to him and hugged him tight.

"What do you want now?" He looked at me with narrow eyes and a bored smile that made me laugh out loud.

"Nothing. I just felt like hugging you. Am I not allowed?"

"Of course you're allowed. You're going to be my wife someday."

"Stop saying that."

"Why? You don't want to marry me?"

"It's making me blush so hard. I'm looking like a cherry here!" He pinched my nose and laughed.

"Your face and nose are now evenly red."

We kept on clamouring like children inside the car while he drives. I can notice it's really quick for him to be pissed off. He doesn't want to be called soap because his skin is a gift from the "Gods".

"Okay. We're here." I went out the car and exhaled deeply. Of course, there's always these media personnels with their cameras. Going to school will be hard for me now, especially extra media personnel will come everyday to take pointless pictures of me.

The camera flashes then started to intensify as Yoongi goes out and walks along with me down to the hallways of the school. I kept on smiling and waving to the cameras, making me feel like my jaw's locked into this position.

I and Yoongi didn't hold hands. We agreed not to do it in public. It'll be too risky for him and for me. I might lose my career as an artist if we do that in front of cameras.

Anyways, Yoongi dropped me off in my first lecture hall subject. He blew me a kiss and whispered, "I'll pick you up later at 6. Call me at lunchtime, I love you." I said I love you back to him and sat now on the last row.

The lecture now started. It's hard to understand what my professor is saying. I've been very busy that I forgot what he's talking about when the past months I'm fluent with the philosophical things he's saying. Just joking, I don't understand him a bit even in the last few months actually.

Then suddenly, someone threw a crumpled piece of paper at me. I opened it and read "Look to your left."

I did as I say and saw the two rats I've missed so much! It's Jeongyeon and Dahyun!