On The Other Side (Year 7 & 8)

Skyfall

By;Adele

Edit By;zenitka96

Hogwarts 7th Year

Hermione's POV

Hogwarts

I stood bravely with Ron at the entrance of Hogwarts. All of sudden Hagrid walked in holding a body. Ron and I glance at each other with worry. 

"Who is that Hagrid's carrying?" Ginny asked loudly. "Neville who is it?" She said again. 

"Harry Potter..." 

'No. I swear to Merlin Voldy. Don't you dare say-'

"Is dead!"

"No! No!" Ginny was about to run up to him but was pulled back by her father.

"NO!"

"Silence!" Voldemort shushed. "Stupid girl." Voldemort mocked. "Harry Potter is dead. From this day forth, you put your faith in me." He pointed to himself.

"Harry Potter is dead!" Voldemort yelled. His annoying 'squad' laughed. 

 I cover my mouth as I felt a huge sob about to come out. Ron was shedding tears too. 

"And now is the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us!" It fell silent. 'Who in their right mind would do that?'

"Or die."

'I'd rather die.'

"Draco!" Lucius called for his son. 'Please Draco don't do this.'  People turned their heads to him. "Draco." He called again. He catches my gaze and he looked like he was gonna cry. "Draco, come" His mum called. Lucius held his hand out for him to come.

'Narcissa please don't.'

 Draco looked at me with pained eyes and back at his parents. Draco obeyed and began to walk to the other side.

More tears escaped as I saw the love of my life walk away. "Ah, well done Draco." Voldemort gave Draco an awkward hug. Draco looked back at me again with a tear falling out of his eyes. 

Now he's on the other side....

Hogwarts 8th Year

Hogwarts Express

The war is over and mostly everything is great again. "We get go to Hogwarts again! I cam't believe it." I said with a smile. "Me too 'Mione. Me too." Ron said holding my hand. "How much longer are we gonna be in here?" Harry whined. "Just a little longer Harry. I promise." I giggle.

"We should get changed into our robes." Ginny said. "Agreed." I smile. "You lot of first." Ron said. "Alright." Ginny said.

"Me or you first?" I ask as we took out our robes. "Me?" Ginny answered sounding like a question. I smile and nod. 

"So, how does it feel to be dating my brother?" Ginny asked. "He's great. I guess." I mumble the last part. "You're still not over him. Aren't you?" Ginny asked. I didn't answer. "It's alright Hermione. Time will heal your wound." Ginny smiled at me. I sigh. 

"Hey Hermione look out for the-" Ginny was cut off by me falling. "-uneven carpet mountain."  was what she called when the carpet was uneven. Luckily I was caught by someone.

"You alright there Granger?"

My eyes widen. I look up to see Draco. "Y-Yeah thank-ks M-Malfoy." I stutter. He gave me a charming smile and helped me up. Over the Summer, he was forgiven for his acts during the war. Which was good because no one deserves to be treated horribly because they were a part of something they didn't want to be a part of. Even if the person broke your heart into billions of pieces.

 "Draco, love?  Can you buy me some of the- Hermione! Ginny!"

My eyes were the size of tennis balls. 'Were they t-together?' Even in my thoughts I stutter! "Astoria!" I pull out a fake smile to cover up the pain in my eyes. "How's it goin'? She asked cheerfully. "Great. We'll talk to you later 'Tori." Ginny said quickly before dragging me away. 

"Um, what the hell was that?!" Ginny whisper shouted looking back at the, couple? "I don't know." I said quietly. "Are they dating?!" She asked louder.

 "I don't know. "

The Great Hall

After The Sorting Hat Ceremony

"Now, please welcome the Golden Trio!" McGonagal shouted.  The Great Hall doors busted open to reveal Harry, Ron, and I. I found it a little extra doing all this entrance shit.

We all walked with confidence up to the owl shaped podium as people cheered. I caught Draco's eyes that looked pained. I turn away to look at the Ravenclaws instead. From the corner of my eye, I saw Astoria kiss his cheek. That made me want to puke on Harry who was beside me, but I had to be brave. I survived the fucking war after all!

"Hello. I'd like to say a few words. Thank you all so much for fighting in the war, and for those who stayed strong. Thank you all so much. If non of you fought, we would possibly be dead. We did lose a lot of strong, brave, and loyal, warriors along the way. And I am truly sorry. Please stand in honor of the following names."  Harry said who was standing at the podium. Everyone stood up listening to the names that were mentioned. "We hope to wish them the best in the after life and one day hope to see them again." Harry finished. 

Now it was my turn to speak.

"Hi everyone. As you may know I am a muggleborn, but if you didn't, that's new info right there." I chuckle nervously. "Some people defined others by their blood type. Calling each other foul names. Some people in the wizarding world think I have dirty blood because I am muggleborn. It's no one's fault that you were born that way. There was a trend going around the wizarding world. People thought that it was okay to call, people like me mudbloods. And refer to them selves as pureblood. If a pureblood believed that muggleborns were just the same as purebloods, people would see them as blood traitors. In the end, the name calling goes nowhere. We are equally all just people. Born into magic or not." I look around to see a lot of cheers and claps happening. 

I turn to Ron guessing he would say something too. 

"Hi. Just so you know, I have no speech planned. So, thank you house elves for making such good fried chicken!"