10. The Summer Love

Alice and I have been inseparable - not because we're that couple who can't be apart, but because it's so easy to be together. There's no pressure to talk or make conversation. There's no ideals set about what we should do together or be. Being with her is like nothing I've ever seen or read about. She's my everything, giving 'everything' a whole new meaning. The summer we spent together was unbelievable - we went hiking and bike riding, we went on long drives and to the lakes. Other times were spent in hers or my bedroom watching movies.

My mom loves her, my dad is relieved she's female - in a father like way, he made a joke about not having a grandkid until we plan too, which will never happen for reasons he cannot know. My siblings love her and as far as I can tell her siblings love me - except maybe Rosalie. We used to get along, and I don't understand why she's changed; Alice said it isn't her place to tell me why.

School has been so easy with the Cullen's, too. I don't need books or Google, they're 10 times smarter; my alarm clock? Alice. My chauffeur? Edward or Emmett. My historian? Jasper. It's so cool, but obviously I'm kidding. They mean a whole lot more to me now, now I haven't got Ceece or AJ. Parker is still my best friend, however we can't talk as much because of the rift between me and the others. I understand - he's never been good with conflict.

Alice and her brothers are hunting today, leaving just Rosalie and Emmett in school; Carlisle and Esme went too, but the town thinks they're camping, while Rosalie and Emmett are old enough to stay home. I decide not to sit at the table during lunch, not wanting to annoy Rosalie. I like her, and I'm trying to do whatever it takes to be in her good books again. I head outside with my tray, finding a quiet tree and sitting under it as I slip my headphones in. I hate sitting alone, but it rarely happens anymore so I put up with it when it does happen.

As I pick at my fries I feel someone staring; slowly looking up I see it's Ceece glaring. We haven't spoken since that day back in March; it's now September, a whole new school year which means - in a way - a whole new me. I don't have any hatred against her or AJ, I miss them more than anything. The only thing stopping me from stepping up and asking for forgiveness is that to me it feels like a step back rather than a step forward. And so I've left it, with words unspoken. Not such a good idea.

I decide to ignore her and take my tray in to sort it; as I empty it I feel someone behind me. I look over and sigh when I see Rosalie, pulling a headphone out as I turn fully to face her. "Yeah?"

"Why didn't you sit with us?" She asks simply.

I think of a way to phrase this. "You... seem to change when I'm around and I don't like it. I'm sorry, for whatever I did - I just wanted you and Emmett to be cool, have some alone time." I smile small.

Rose's expression changes. "Oh... that's thoughtful. Thanks, I guess. Um - I don't mean to be so... me. Maybe I'll explain some other time. Is that Okay?" She smiles small, tucking a blonde curl back.

I smile and nod. "Yeah, course. You better go, I'll catch you later." I say as the bell rings and I turn to head out.

"You sure you don't want me to skip?" Rose calls.

"Naa, wouldn't want to be a bad influence on you Cullen." I call back as a few people watch our interaction - they look at me like they do the Cullens now; like we're aliens.

"Oh you wish!" She scowls laughing.

I smile and head out to the back fields, choosing not to study today. I take my denim jacket off and place it on my bag, against the fencing. With the weather changing most gym classes are done inside now so I shouldn't get caught.

"Hey!" I hear someone say in an angry way.

I look up and see Ceece storming over, a pissed look on her face. "Yeah?" I raise an eyebrow.