30. The Big Reveal

I feel on cloud nine as Alice and I sit on the plane, in first class of course, hand in hand. My head rests on her shoulder and I play with the ring she got me. It's huge, HUGE. But it's so beautiful.

"Who do you think will be more pissed, Rose or Parker?" I muse in a quiet voice

Alice laughs as she looks up from her book. "Oo that is a hard call."

I sit up a little and look over to see Jasper flirting with an airhostess. "Now we have to fix him up."

"Jasper? Nuh uh." She shakes her head. "He's not the kind to settle down."

I raise an eyebrow, leaning my head back as I look at her. "Yeah? Everyone said the same about you, Mrs Cullen."

"Well, Mrs Cullen, they're wrong." She grins at me.

I giggle small and roll my eyes. "I just hate seeing him alone."

Alice looks over at her brother, a small smile on her lips. "He'll be alright. Jasper's Jasper, he will keep going as he is for however long he needs. I mean we all pray he will one day mate too but right now he's doing so well. That's all that matters."

I smile and kiss her shoulder. "You know I often think you two were meant to be together."

She laughs gently and strokes my hand. "Maybe in another life."

I kiss her gently and settle back. Hours later we finally land and grab our bags. "I'm going to hunt and run home." Jasper says once my jeep is packed up.

"Be safe." I kiss his cheek and climb in the passenger seat. Alice hugs him and they share a smile before he's gone and she's beside me, all in a split second.

She looks over at me. "Straight home or...?"

"Or?" I frown confused.

"Or we could go see your fa-"

"No." I snap, stopping her before she can even finish her sentence. "Just drive. Please." I add when I realise how rudely I snapped at her.

She sighs deeply and begins to drive. After a while she speaks again, keeping her eyes on the road. "You should see them. Even if it's to say goodbye to the girls."

"Why? To hurt them more, make it harder for them to adjust? To make it impossible for me to ever take a breath without it hurting? Those girls are more than just my sisters, I played such a part in shaping who they are because I was there when mom and dad chose to work, I was there when they fell and hurt themselves. I was there when they had their first steps and first everything's. I have to get used to not being there, I have to get used to breathing with this feeling like a knife is ripping my heart to shreds. So no. No I do not want to go say goodbye." I whisper and look away, closing my eyes as tears roll down my cheeks.

Alice is silent. She doesn't say another word the rest of the drive and as soon as we pull up she jumps out, giving me a moment alone as she takes the bags inside. I take a shaky breath and wipe my cheeks, grabbing my bag before I jump out too. The sun is just rising behind the house as I grab the last bag and carry it inside, closing the door behind me.