27. The Bridge

"You look cute." I mumble to Alice as she stands in just a towel, brushing her hair.

She smirks. "Oh yeah? How about now?" She drops the towel and I giggle, biting my lip.

"Oh yes. Even better."

She laughs and crawls over me, kissing me gently. "What do you wanna do today?"

"Can we go hiking? I wanna find that bridge again." I smile, playing with her short hair.

"Of course baby." She kisses me and stands. "Get dressed."

I huff playfully and stand, pulling on some black leggings with a graphic tee and my parka coat; I slip my boots on and grab the small black leather back pack from Alice's closet. She comes out in highwaist jeans and a vest top, a grey cardigan on but serving no use.

"You look cute." She mimics me as she wraps her arms around me.

I laugh and look up at her. "Not funny."

"You laughed, I win." She smirks and kisses me. "Esme made some sandwiches for you."

"She didn't have to." I sigh, smiling. "C'mon, let's go before it rains."

"It won't rain." She smirks as she lets me pull her downstairs.

Esme hands me the lunchbox. "Here."

I kiss her cheek. "Thank you. We'll see you tonight - I'll cook my own dinner, you and Carlisle go hunt or something."

She rolls her eyes and waves me off; I'm about to head to my car when Alice shakes her head. "Nope. We're running."

I pale. "Nuh uh..."

"Yuh huh." She smirks as she puts the lunchbox in my bag and bends over so I can climb on her back.

I take a deep breath and shake my head as I climb on. I wrap my arms tightly around her neck and close my eyes, hearing her giggle before she takes off running, making me shriek and bury my face in the back of her neck. She kisses my arm as she runs, and I feel every direction she swerves in.

"We're here." She says gently and comes to a stop. I slowly open my eyes and see were at one of the trails we used to use, a smile spreading across my lips. I jump down and grab her hand, immediately beginning to head into the trees. "Little miss eager."

I smile as I step over roots and logs. "I've missed this."

"Me too." She kisses my hand and helps me over a larger log; it takes us about a half hour to reach the bridge, but when we get there it's worth it.

I smile wide. "More beautiful than I remember." I whisper as I stare at the bridge a few feet in front of us.

Alice smiles and walks ahead, stepping on it and standing in the middle

Alice smiles and walks ahead, stepping on it and standing in the middle. "And is it beautiful now?" She winks.

"Definitely." I smile and snap a photo of her on the digital camera I packed; she looks so beautiful with the sun streaming down on her, the sparkle of her skin visible to the naked eye, but not in the photo.