13. The Suspense

It's been about 4 days with no contact from Edward; I miss him, everyone does, and things haven't felt right without him here. He's my study buddy, my friend, my brother. He shouldn't have been driven away by that girl, this was his home first.

I stare at his empty seat across from me in the canteen, wishing he was there. I glance over at the table where she sits, watching as she glances over too - I wanna hit her.

"Be nice." Alice says as she turns my face using her finger.

"I am. I'm just imagining smacking her." I smirk small.

"Rosalie may have to step down as the bitch." Emmett smirks.

She hits him around the head as I throw a few fries at him, watching as he rubs his head. "Jackass." Rose mutters. "I agree with Bailey - I wish I could hit her."

"Enough." Jasper says sternly. "Edward will come back, let's just give him time to cool down. He's never experienced a singer like most of us have - we could act on it, he can't."

"I couldn't." Alice scowls. "But did you see me running away? I may have hunted more but I never disappeared."

"We all have our breaking points." Emmett says softly, then tries to change the subject. "Bails, are you bringing the girls over later?"

I smile small. "They're grounded. Sorry, no playing dress up today."

Emmett glares playfully. "But who will do my makeup for me?"

"Didn't you complain last time?"

"They have more fun when I do." He smirks.

I roll my eyes. "You big ass child."

The bell rings and I sigh, wishing I didn't have biology. I kiss Alice gently and watch as they all head in the opposite direction to me, I think they're all ditching to head out for a hunt to be back in time for tomorrow. I sigh and trudge towards biology alone.

"Hey." Someone calls down the empty hall to me.

I look over and see Bella running towards me, slowing as she nears. "What do you want?"

"What's up with the Cullens? Where did Edward go?" She walks beside me as I head to the building.

"He's visiting family. Something came up." I say bluntly.

"Is he okay?"

"Is that any of your business?" I snap.

"I guess not..." she mutters, hanging her head as she rushes ahead.

I decide against going and just walk past the building, heading to the car park. As I do I see a Volvo... I stop walking and see Edward climb out, a small smile on his face. "Hey stranger. Heard you missed me."

I drop my bag and run at him, jumping into his arms as I hug him tight; he easily catches me and holds me close. "I did. So much!" I whisper as I inhale his scent - similar to Alice but distinctively Edward.

"I told the others to not tell you I got back today, so I could surprise you and take you out to apologise for scaring you."

"You didn't scare me." I shake my head as he sets me down and I grab my bag. "I was worried about you - it pissed me off that she drove you away."

"She didn't... okay in a way she did. But I needed space to figure out what I wanted to do. It won't be easy to be around her, but my life and family are here." He smiles gently.

"Good." I smile, glad he sees it the way we all do. "Now you owe me a coffee and some clothes."

"Deal."