11. The Holidays

"Promise you won't hover?" I say to Alice as we get ready to leave for school. After that incident we discussed her overbearing tendencies; she's promised to be less overbearing, letting me do what I want without freaking out if I get hurt. Today? It's snowing a ridiculous amount and I can see her twitching to stop me leaving the house.

She huffs a little. "I promise. But if you slip..."

"I know I know. 'I told you so'." I roll my eyes. "Now come on or we'll be late. Bye mom!" I call.

"Bye girls! Make sure you ask your mom if they want to join us for Christmas, Alice!" She adds.

"Will do Mrs Rowe!" Alice smiles as we head out to the car. She opens the passenger door for me and I climb in, shaking snow flakes from my hair.

"You don't have to come for Christmas. You guys don't eat and that'll be hard to explain." I say gently.

"We can figure something out. I wanna see you on Christmas day." She pouts.

I roll my eyes and put my feet on the dash. "Oh yeah? What if I don't want to see you?"

She gasps. "Ouch! Oh you suck."

I giggle. "Of course I want to see you, nerdball. Plus the girls have been working really hard on your present."

She smirks a little. "I saw..."

"Alice." I groan. "You said you wouldn't look."

"I didn't mean to. I'll act surprised when they show me, I promise." She giggles, parking the car beside Emmetts jeep. "I've got your present sorted."

"And I've got yours sorted."

"We promised no presents." She raises an eyebrow.

"Ditto." I smirk. "I knew you wouldn't stick to the deal so neither did I."

"But I love to spoil you."

"And I you, when possible. What do you get someone who has it all?" I muse.

Alice goes to respond when a snowball slaps against the windscreen. We look over to see Emmett by the front steps, smirking; oh gosh today will be hell... "Lets go face him." Alice laughs.

I whine as she drags me to the steps. "HI BAILEY!" Emmett yells, his hands moulding a snow ball.

"Emmett.... if you so much as try and throw that at me, I will personally find a way to end you." I say sternly.

"You think I'm afraid of you, puny human?" He flexes his muscles.

"I have a Regina." I smirk.

Emmett scowls. "She put makeup on me. I still can't get over that!"

I laugh and cuddle into Alice a little as the others laugh too; the bell rings and Alice and I head to gym, which we essentially get out of all the time. We sit on the bleachers and 'study'. I watch her as she reads a page in her book. "I love you. You know that, right?"

She looks up at me and smiles, her warm eyes glowing. "I love you too, goofy. What made you say that?"

I shrug small and lean my head on her shoulder. "I just wanted you to know. Somethings... not right. It feels different - like something is going to change."

I sense her frowning. "I haven't seen anything... well, except the chiefs daughter might move back."

I look up at her. "Is that all you've seen?" She nods, making me sigh. "I can't shake this feeling."

"It'll be okay baby. Things will be okay." She kisses my head.

-

"Welcome guys!" Mom gushes as the Cullens enter our home, the cold evening air rushing in as the door stays open letting the heat out.