21. The Drama Returns - 3rd Person POV

Alice was broken the day she returned and Bailey had gone.
She hated Esme and Carlisle for keeping such a big secret, she hated her siblings even more for stopping her from seeing her.
Bailey had gone through all of that alone... because of her.
How was she supposed to live with that?
In a way she's glad she can't see her, as that would've hurt worse, and she's glad she can't read Esme and Carlisle's minds to see what she looked like...

It's been over a year since she and her family left, and only 9 months since they returned.
The biggest change?
Bella and Edwards child.
Alice just wishes she could talk to Bailey about it, she wishes Bailey was there to help her plan their wedding.
She maybe hoped to ask a question much like Edward had asked Bella...
But she's glad Bailey wasn't near when the Volturi came.
When they almost killed them all - the vision still haunts her.

Bella knocks gently on the bedroom door and Alice looks up. "Yeah?"

"You wanna go for a hunt?" She asks gently, leaning on the wall.

Alice smiles small. "Sure, maybe it'll distract me."
She says as they take off running.

As they run Alice decides to ask Bella something now they're alone. "What did she looks like the last time you saw her?"

Bella stops walking; the image still haunts her even now after everything. Alice walks back over to her.
She takes a deep breath.
"Her cheeks had sunken in and her eyes looked hollow. Her hair was thin and dead... She was bitter. Angry. She had every right to be, I drove you away from her, but the saying 'if looks could kill' comes into play here. She would have killed me given the opportunity. She was... She wasn't Bailey."

Alice takes a shaky breath. "You didn't support her?"

"Alice, I wasn't in much of state to support even myself. We both sunk lower than low when you guys left... don't dwell on it. Charlie saw Mrs Lowe the other day and she said Bailey is doing amazing. She's really proud. C'mon, I smell a lion." Bella tries to lighten the mood.

Alice stays silent for the rest of the hunt.
Just as they make their way back to the house she stops, a vision flashes before her eyes.

Bailey.

Bailey on a plane, talking. She's... going somewhere?
No, coming home, she's with her mom!

"Alice!?" Everyone gathers around as she screams, not with fright but with joy.

"I see her! My Bailey, I see her!!!!"

Finally.

A sign.