23. The One Where...

I'm trying to figure out who Bailey Rowe is all over again; the red hair is gone, it isn't her... The piercing is gone, that isn't her either. It's like I'm not me anymore. I've been home almost a week and I'm scared to weigh myself. What if I've lost? Or put on too much? What if being home is making me bad again? What if-

"What if I hold your hand?" A voice says and I jump with fright, spinning around to see Edward sat on the edge of my bed.

I set a hand on my chest and exhale slowly, closing my diary. "Ever heard of knocking?"

"I did, your mom let me in." He smirks and walks over, holding his hand out. "C'mon - together."

I grow nervous as I grip his ice cold, stone hand, letting him drag me to the bathroom. He locks the door and sets the scales up as I take my thick jumper off and my jeans, not caring if he sees my sports bra or Bridget Jones pants.

"Take your time." He says gently. "Want me to look away?"

"N-no. Look at it for me." I whisper as I stare straight ahead and close my eyes stepping on.

I hold my breath as I hear the beep to say it's finished calculating. "You want me to say?" Edward asks and I stiffly nod once. "126."

I look down and exhale slowly, smiling. "I didn't lose."

"You sure didn't. Good job." He smiles as I redress. "I was thinking we could go for coffee like we used to, and I can catch you up on everything. I have your jeep."

I gasp. "I knew she gave it to someone!"

He laughs and throws me the keys as we head out, calling a goodbye to mom. I climb in the drivers seat and stroke the wheel. "Hi baby." I whisper as Edward laughs. "Hey, this car is my one possession that I treasure more than my life." I laugh.

"Humans are crazy."

"Vampires are crazy."

He shakes his head laughing and I begin to drive. "So where do I begin?"

"When you came back."

"Oh well that is one hell of a story. I went to the Volturi to die-"

"What!?" I yell shocked.

"Don't interrupt me dippy." He smirks. "I thought Bella was dead - why would I want to be apart from her? I realised how much if a mistake I had made and I was planning on being with her forever however I could. They refused me, Aro wanted my gift. I planned on exposing myself and Alice saw - she came back for Bella. They came to save me and that's how they discovered a human knew. Remember Aro's gift?"

I nod as I frown at the road and he continues. "Well, he saw Bella. And then you. But Alice's thoughts were so dark, Aro assumed you died and that's why Alice was so low - she had rather just found out about your condition. Anyway. That lead to use having to promise Bella would become immortal."

"Okay. So you came back after. Then?"

"Victoria returned."

I freeze and feel the air leave my lungs. "V-Victoria?" I whisper, gripping the wheel.

Edward rubs my shoulder. "Keep listening, don't panic. Bella had made friends with... werewolves."

I choke on saliva. "What!?!"

He chuckles. "Some of the boys from the res got the gene, it's triggered by us. So Bella and Jacob became friends while I was gone and sort of had a... thing I guess. It's complicated. When we came back her and Jake cut ties and that was that for awhile until we had to team up to stop Victoria. She built an army of newborns, ran by a naive teenager who made the decisions so Alice was oblivious. We fought them, slaughtered them so easy." He shrugs.