50. The Revealed Lie

Alice's screams drown out the sound of all the angry vampires around her; she falls to her knees beside the flames, screaming in pain at the realisation that the woman she hated moments ago was in fact her wife. Her mate. The reason for existing. And now that single reason is a ball of flames because of the man she called master moments ago.

Her family all run over and Esme grabs her into a hug, holding her close as her eyes sting with venom. Aro and his brothers back into one and other as Jasper, Emmett, Edward and a dozen other beings surround them, snarling. Their end has come.

Rosalie falls to her knees by the flames as Carlisle covers his mouth and looks away, unable to comprehend that those flames are his daughter. That was her plan all along... That was a burden she never should have carried.

Alice launches herself through the wall surrounding the 3 brothers, grabbing Aro by the throat. "YOU'RE GONNA PAY!" She screams as she digs her fingers in, his marble skin beginning to crack.

"J-Jane... Alec..." He says in a strained voice, his eyes pleading to the reunited siblings. Both look away, disgusted at the man who was once their father figure; both are free from Chelsea's control for the first time ever and neither can think clearly at this time. But they think clear enough to know he deserves what Alice is about to give him.

"Alice." A soft voice says from behind her.

She freezes and slowly looks round as the group parts, revealing her mate. "Bailey..." She breaths, her grip dropping from Aro as she runs over to her and pulls her close.

- Bailey -

I wrap my arms tightly around Alice and hold her close, inhaling her familiar scent. She's safe. It worked. We're all safe. "I missed you." I whisper.

She shoves me back after a few moments. "You made me think you were dead!" she says angrily.

"You gave yourself to Aro on purpose, we're even!" I snap. "Now speaking of - let them go." I say as I look at the three terrified beings.

Everyone looks outraged. "What!?"

"They have nothing." Wei says as she comes over with Amadeus who thankfully took his 'gift' back. "Everyone will know the disgrace they face and no one will follow them again. They wouldn't dare."

"Letting them go solves nothing!" Kate snaps. "They need to pay, especially for Irina!"

"It shows we are more merciful than they will ever be." I say softly. "It shows we are better than them, we hold the power. They know we can very easily take them out."

Carlisle nods in agreement. "Let them live. Suffer. If anyone kills them they will be killed, this is final."

Everyone looks shocked as I smirk - he stepped up. "That's settled then. Go. I'll kill you myself if you try anything. We will be watching."

The brothers share a look before they all scuttle away; with Chelsea dead, no one will ever trust Aro, Caius and Marcus again and that is known. They have no significant ability between them. They're nothing.

Esme immediately hugs me close and I rub her back. "Don't you ever scare us like that again!" she yells.

"I won't I'm sorry. I'm just glad it worked." I giggle small.

Alice takes my hand as everyone takes a small moment to gather themselves. I lean my head on hers as we just gaze into each others eyes. "I'm glad I have you back." I whisper. "I wasn't best pleased with your little goose chase though."