12. The Arrival

I smile as I see Alice walk over to me, leaving her siblings behind; they were away all weekend hunting for back to school, so dad dropped me off this morning. I kick off the wall and wrap my arms around her, kissing her hard as she does the same in return.

"Missed you." I mumble against her lips.

She laughs and pulls away, resting her forehead on mine. "I missed you too. I'm glad to see you in once piece."

I shake my head and lift my shirt a little to show the bruise on my stomach. "Regina headbutted me during a tantrum."

She groans. "I swear she's more dangerous then a serial killer."

I laugh. "Probably. C'mon, we've got class to get to."

"I'll catch you up, okay? I need to speak to Edward quickly." She kisses me gently before letting go of my hands.

I frown. "Why?" I calls as she's already half way across the parking lot to meet him.

"I'll tell you later. Love you!"

I sigh and scowl, headng inside all alone. First day back and we're already separated? This sucks. I grab my books from my locker and trudge to English - the dyslexic girl left alone in English? Oh fun. As I sit down I look over to see a new girl stood awkwardly by the door. I stand again, walking over. "Hey... I'm Bailey. Do you need anything?"

"I'm Bella... is this English with Mr Mason?" She checks her timetable.

I nod. "It sure is. Grab a book from the top shelf and find a seat, the row in front of mine is free if you want it." I smile gently; this is the girl Alice saw.

She nods small. "Thanks."

I skip back to my seat and flop down, waiting nervously for Alice; what's going on? I watch Bella sit in front of me, everyone whisper. I lean forward a little. "Hey, ignore everyone. They're just not used to new people - this whole place will be gossiping for a week but then it'll pass." I promise.

She turns and smiles. "Thanks... sucks being the new girl."

"I can't imagine. I'd hate it." I smile gently. "But if you need anything don't hesitate to ask."

"Cheers, Bailey." She nods. She goes quiet as Alice sits down, an annoyed look on her face. Bella quickly turns away as I frown.

"What?" I whisper to her as the class starts; Mr Mason doesn't make Bella stand, which I can tell is a relief for her.

Alice shakes her head. "Not the place babe. I'll tell you later - wanna skip chem?"

"Stupid question."

She laughs a little and makes notes, despite not needing them - she usually hands them to me after as she can keep up with what's being said easier than I can. I mainly just listen and watch her. Eventually the bell rings and Alice packs away slower than usual, letting everyone go before us.

I frown. "What's going on?"

"There's something about that Bella girl. She's... everywhere. Every vision she's in it and its got something to do with her and Edward. He doesn't think anything of it but it worries me."

I frown. "Thinking of another girl huh." I half tease. "I'm sure it's just that she's new?"

"I don't know. You jealous baby?" She smirks small as we head down the hall, hand in hand.

I roll my eyes a little. Moments later I'm attacked from behind, arms wrapping round me; I squeal and look at the persons wrist - Parker! I instantly turn around and hug him, both stunned and relieved he's hugging me. "Hi!" I whisper.