36. The Yelling Take 2

Double update because 35 and 36 are sort of the same issue x

I stand in the quiet hallway staring at Alice, trying to stay calm. "I did what was needed-"

"No, you've put us all in danger!" She yells.

"Alice, we were safe." Carlisle says gently.

"You don't know that! How did you hide this, did you bring a wolf?" She demands.

He sighs. "Sweetie, we promise we were safe. I found the fracture, Bailey called me because she didn't know what else to do."

Alice shakes her head, still mad. "Do not use my son against me in this. You have no idea what danger we could be in right now." She begins to storm away.

I walk after her. "Alice. Alice, please, I did it for Lorenzo!"

"He would have been fine!"

"No he wouldn't! He was dying!" I yell, running after her down the stairs. She storms outside in to the storm, the night sky black and grey from the rain clouds.

She spins and stares at me as the rain pounds down on us. "Who's the one making all the decisions alone now? Isn't this why you wouldn't take me back? You hated me and ignored me and didn't talk to me for months because I made a decision for us and you were mad. Now I'm mad because you did the same thing and you don't understand it!"

"Don't you see how I felt then!? Look, our son was gonna die and I made a choice to save him. If they come... Then I'll go. I will face them and I will suffer the consequences because of it. But I made the right choice." I snap.

Alice shakes her head and disappears, leaving me stood in the rain. I yell in frustration, earning a few stares from people walking to their cars or through the back entrance of the hospital. I look around and see Bella and Jacob stood just in the treeline staring and I shake my head, heading back inside.

I take my time walking up the 6 flights of stairs, walking slowly down the corridor to where Lily paces, worried. She looks over as she hears me coming. "What's going on?"

I sigh and wrap an arm around her. "Ma's mad at me."

She looks at me with her wife brown eyes. "Did I-"

"Shhh no sweetheart, you didn't do anything. I did this." I stroke her cheek and kiss her head. I look over and see Carlisle stood at the end of the hall. "I'm sorry."

He smiles small walking over. "It's okay. I'm sorry it caused trouble, me being here."

"It was my call and I made the right one. My sons gonna be okay thanks to his grandpa." I smile.

Lily looks at me and then at Carlisle. "This is Ma's dad?"

Carlisle smiles. "It's lovely to meet you Lily."

"Lily, this is Carlisle, mom's adoptive father and the reason we have her today. Carlisle, this is Lily James Brandon, our princess." I kiss her head.

She blushes and stands, looking at Carlisle. "Thank you... For saving my moms on multiple occasions."

Carlisle waves her off, smiling. "It's nothing. You do anything for family."

She smiles and hugs him quickly, taking him by surprise. I smile. "Are you guys okay here while I go get changed?"

"Take Bella's clothes - I'm sure they're almost done, you don't want to miss Lorenzo coming out." Carlisle suggests.

I nod and grab the jeans and long sleeved t-shirt from Bella's bag, changing in the bathroom. As I come out I see Lorenzo being wheeled down the hall. I run over, seeing his eyes open a little. "Lenzo!"