14. The Icy Encounter

Edward and Bella have been... conversing. Apparently he's been making an effort to talk to her these last few days, to which everyone is now gossiping about. In my personal opinion? She's a risk. I mean, yeah I'm a risk to them but I'm not as clumsy as she is. From what I've heard she's a bit of a.... magnet for danger.

I grip Alice tightly as we navigate the icy parking lot. "I was right - we should have stayed in bed."

She laughs. "You really think I'd let anything happen to you?" Her lips connect with my head for a moment and I smile at the warmth it gives me.

"Maybe. Promise if I fall on my ass you'll fall with me?"

She sniggers. "No chance."

"You suck."

"I sure do, I'm a vampire." She whispers winking. I roll my eyes as we head inside.

The buzz today comes from the sludge people are calling show. Apparently people are planning a snow ball fight after school, but Alice sits laughing so I guess it won't happen. I watch Edward and Bella talk across the canteen, her eyes all gooey and sparkly as she gazes at Edward. I fake wretch making Rosalie laugh and Jasper hide a smirk behind a disapproving look.

"You know you and Alice are just as cringe." He says.

"Not a chance. We just pick on each other until one of us sulks." Alice smirks.

"I'm winning."

"Are not."

"Am."

"No you are not!"

"Oh my god shut up!" Rosalie groans.

We both giggle as she huffs and rolls here eyes. "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." I pinch her cheek playfully, earning a slap.

"Hey don't slap my girl!" Alice glares.

"Or what?" Rosalie smirks.

I roll my eyes as the bell rings. "Alright children, time to come out of la la land and go back to the real world - ow!" I laugh as they both shove me.

"I'll see you after biology." Alice kisses me gently and walks off, leaving me to drag myself out.

I see Edward and Bella waiting. "Hey, we'll walk with you if that's cool." He says.

I shrug. "Whatever."

"Did you manage to do that homework okay?" Bella asks me in a quiet voice as we walk.

I suppress a huff at having to talk to her. "Yeah I did, it was super easy." I hope I hid the sarcasm. Apparently Celia has been telling everyone I'm dyslexic - cue pity and judging.

"I'm glad." She smiles small.

I head to my desk and keep my head down as Mr Molina hands out the assignment for the day; I sigh, realising I won't get it done because I don't understand it and my lab partner is out sick. Edward leans across my desk. "I'll talk to Molina and we'll work on it tonight - on one condition."

"Oh really."

"Stop being so icy." He says simply.

"Fine. I'll just get Alice's help." I look back at my blank paper as he shakes his head with a sigh.

The day can't end soon enough and I make my way to the jeep to meet Emmett, Rose, Alice and Jasper. Edward leans on the Volvo watching Bella by her car before he looks at me. "Go talk to her. Please."

"About what?" I roll my eyes as I put my bag in the car.

"Anything. Please, she thinks you hate her. I know you don't even if you say you do." He gives me the wide eyes.