Chapter 12

The next morning as everyone waited for Percy to wake up, Grover stole a tiny pink poodle named Gladiola.

" He's awake!" Annabeth cheered when Percy sat up and rubbed his eyes.

" Grover, why are you holding a cotton candy glob in your lap?" Percy asked as the poodle yapped at him.

" This cotton candy blob is our ticket west, be nice!" Grover scolded him.

" Wait, is that a pink poodle?" Percy asked Grover nodded.

" Took you long enough Seaweed brain," Annabeth huffed, Percy glared at her.

" Percy meet Gladiola. Gladiola meet Percy," Blossom introduced them. Percy looked at every like they were insane.

" I'm not saying hello to a poodle. Forget!" Percy exclaimed as he shook his head.

" Percy, I said hello to the poodle," Annabeth stated.

" Hello Gladiola," Percy muttered. Eventually, Gladiola got returned to her rightful owners, they were not happy about it. They gave the four tickets on an Amtrak station west. It was a long ride, took two days. When they got off, they realized they had time to kill.

" Let's go see the Gateway Arch," Annabeth suggested. " It is in St. Louis, so it is probably not too far away from the station.

" Let's do it," Blossom agreed. Now they were in an elevator, that was going 600 feet into the air. you could see everything. Annabeth talk facts about this place as they walked around. The whole time there, Blossom was thrilled that nobody recognized her. When the park ranger announced that the observation deck would be closing, they headed towards the elevator. Blossom got on the elevator with Annabeth and Grover.

" We'll get out as wait for the next one," Annabeth suggested.

" Nah, that will mess everyone up, just go I'll see you at the bottom," Percy assured them. The doors closed and they went down to the bottom. They ended up being evacuated as fire and explosions were happening floors above them. They then saw Percy jump out of the Arch and land into the river. When Percy reached them, they all tackled him into a hug.

" What happened up there?" Blossom asked.

" It's a long story Blossom," Percy said. " I'll explain it on the train."

" Blossom?" A voice asked. " As in Blossom Stark." Blossom's eyes widen, Annabeth shoved her invisibility cap on Blossom's head and they left the crowd as fast as possible.

******
They went to a car wash and sent an Iris message to camp. They ended up talking to Chiron and Luke, they told them everything that has happened. Once it ended they made their way over to a restaurant for food. They soon found themselves sitting at a table surrounded by families.

" Well?" The waitress asked annoyed as she came over to them. " Do you kids have any money for this."

" It's on me," Blossom answered. Then a body sat next to her, they looked over to see a buff man. He had a buzz cut, scars all over, and wore red sunglasses.

" I got it, kid," the guy announced, he then looked at the waitress. " Hello, are you still standing there? GO!" the waitress walked back into the kitchen. The mad looked at Percy. " So, you're old Seaweed's kid huh?" He cracked his knuckles.

" What's it to you?" Percy asked coldly.

" Percy this-" Annabeth began. 

" Nah, it's okay. Kid's got spunk, no problem with that," the guy laughed. " Just remember who's boss here punk. Got any idea who I am, little cousin?"