Chapter 20

Blossom was now at her cabin working on the chariot with her siblings. In an agreement, Katie was going to drive the chariot as Blossom was the fighter. Blossom did not really want to fight, but they brought up the fact that she was the one who helped fight aliens in New York. During all this time, Blossom was nice to Percy about Tyson being his brother. They are all family, no need to shun the other one out. Her siblings tend to have different opinions. After an hour or so Blossom went to her other daily activities. She kept getting questions about the aliens, at some point Blossom went and hid in the strawberry fields. She was now currently in a strawberry vine fort.

" Blossom?" A familiar voice asked someone walked up to the fort.

" Go away," Blossom ordered. A hand moved the vines out of the way. " Lee!"

" Blossom, why are you hiding from everyone?" Lee asked.

" Cause I do not want to deal with any more questions about New York," Blossom answered.

" They are just interested," Lee stated as he sat next to her.

" Can't someone just spread the word to others, daughters of Aphrodite love to gossip, especially Drew," Blossom grumbled. 

" Just give it a couple of weeks," Lee advised. " It should die down by then."

" I hope so," Blossom sighed. " It's not that great of a subject."

" Aliens are a very popular subject," Lee laughed. " And the fact that you helped fight some in spectacular. Especially for a child of Demeter."

" What is that supposed to me?" Blossom demanded.

" Most children of Demeter are passive people," Lee explained.

" Even in battle?" Blossom asked.

" Well from your stance no, but from the stance in a capture of the flag then yes," Lee answered.

" My stance?" Blossom questioned.

" There's a video of you taking like four of the Chitauri out at once with your rod with the long curved blade at the end," Lee explained.

" I tied them down with vines of poison ivy and vines," Blossom stated

" Still very epic," Lee smiled.

" Thanks," Blossom blushed as Lee stood up.

" Come on, you got a race to win," Lee insisted as he held his hand out. She grabbed and he helped her up.

******
It was now time for the races, Blossom and Katie were standing by their chariot.

" Don't forget dirty tricks are allowed," Blossom reminded her.

" I'm just the driver, that is on you," Katie reminded her. 

" Right!" Tantalus shouted. " You all know the rules. Twice around the quarter-mile track to win." Everyone was putting the finishing touches on their chariots. " Charioteers!" To take your mark!" They two got on their chariot, Katie took the reigns as Blossom prep for the fight. Tantalus then waved his hand and old tradition was brought back to life.  Immediately the Apollo chariot flipped by the Hermes cabin, who quickly got them back. Blossom was now currently fighting with Aphrodite cabin. Drew was driving as Silena was fighting Blossom. 

" Hold her off Bloss!" Katie yelled.

" What do you think I am trying to do!" Blossom shouted back. She then took a cut of the reigns from the other chariot and tied it to the ground with vines.

" Stark!" Drew screeched angrily. The two Demeter girls giggled at each other, it stopped when they saw birds flying towards them. They started to attack everyone, especially in the stands.