Chapter 13

When they got back to the dinner, Ares was waiting for them in the parking lot.

" Here's your stupid shield," Percy growled shoving the shield at Ares.

" There's your ride," Ares said pointing to an eighteen-wheeler from across the street. " It'll take you straight to L.A. with only one stop in Vegas." Written on it was Kindness International: Huame Zoo Transport, Warning Live Animals

" You've got to be kidding me," Percy groaned.

" It's a free ride west punk, be grateful punk," Ares spat as he shoved a blue backpack at Percy.

" Thank you for your generosity," Grover spoke before Percy could.

" Now that's a way to treat a god!" Ares smirked as he climbed onto his Harley.

" Wait!" Blossom called out. " You said you knew something about Percy's mom."

" Your mom is not dead," Ares nodded remembering his word.

" What do you mean?" Percy asked shakily.

" She is being kept," Ares answered.

" Where?" Percy asked.

" You'll find out soon enough, see ya 'round punk! " Ares yelled as he snapped his fingers the door to the trailer opened.

" You know, you're pretty smug for a guy who runs away from cupid statues!" Percy yelled before Ares got out of sight, the breaks squealed to a stop.

"  Watch your back, Percy Jackson. We will meet again," Ares threatened before speeding down the street.

" Good going Percy," Annabeth muttered.

" That is not a god you want for an enemy," Blossom stated.

" Ugh, guys! I hate to interrupt, but if we are going to take that free ride, we'd better go like now! " Grover said as he pointed at the guys inside the diner. They ran across the street and scrambled into the truck. Percy closed his door, it made the place totally black. It did not smell the greatest. Percy uncapped his sword, a faint glow filled the air, the sight in front of them was sickening. A Zebra with chewing gum stuck in its mane, an antelope with a balloon tied around its antlers said " Over the hill, and an albino lion.  The albino lion had pink puffy eyes, flies buzzed around, ribs showing through its fur. Blossom felt outraged for all the animals were being treated, especially since the lion was one of her mother's sacred animals. All the cages were way too small, and someone gave turnips to the lion and raw meat to the zebra and antelope.

" This is kindness!?" Grover shouted in outrage. The truck started moving. Grover started talking to the animals, but they just gave them sad looks.

" We have to do something," Blossom demanded.

" Let's just free them right now!" Annabeth suggested.

" That won't do very much considering that we are in a moving vehicle," Percy shook his head. " Besides, we probably look more appetizing than the sack of turnips. Blossom walked over and opened the Zebra cage and took out the raw meat. She then closed it and walked over to the lion cage.

" Don't do it, Blossom," Percy protested. Blossom took out her curved sword. She caught the tied and brought the bag back over to them and pass the cage. She then pushed the raw meat into it and gave the antelope and Zebra the turnips.

" Now to take care of the other things," Blossom huffed as she went back into the herbivore cages. With help, they got gum out of the Zebra's hair and the balloon untied from the antelope's antler. They then all decided to get some sleep. Blossom was wondering what her dad was up to at the moment, did he know she was on a quest, and what would he say about it? Then she fell asleep.