Chapter 23

Months later Blossom was at home with Pepper. Her dad was in the shop working on a couple of things, Blossom was watching a Christmas special. Moments later her dad came up and changed the channel to the news.

" Dad," Blossom groaned.

" It will be on tomorrow, and the next day and the next day," Tony said. On the news, they saw something about Mandarin. They watched the news on him for a bit, he seemed scary to Blossom. The Mandarin gave them a couple of history lessons.

********

Blossom was now at home when her dad came home.

" Come to the shop with me," Tony instructed.

" What for?" Blossom asked.

" Science lesson," Tony answered.

" If I was going to an actual school, I would be on Christmas break," Blossom said.

" Then consider this Christmas break homework," Tony said. " Get up and come downstairs." She got up and followed him downstairs as Tony started to facetime Happy. " Is this Forehead of Security?"

" What?" Happy asked. " You know, look...I got a real job. What do you want? I'm working. I've got something going on, here."

" What harassing interns?" Blossom asked.

" Let me tell you two something. Do you know what happened when I told people I was Iron Man's bodyguard?" Happy questioned. " They would laugh in my face. Tony then chuckled a bit. " I had to leave while I still had a shred of dignity. " Now I got a real job. I'm watching Pepper."

" What's going on? " Tony asked. " Fill us in."

" For real?" Happy asked.

" Yeah," Blossom answered.

" All right. So, she's meeting up with this scientist. Rich guy. Handsome. Right," Happy began to explain. " I couldn't make his face, at first. Right? You know I'm good with faces."

" Oh, yeah, you're the best," Blossom complimented.

" Yeah. Well, so I run his credentials. I make him. Aldrich Killian. We actually met the guy back in...Where were Me and you, Tony, in '99? The science conference?" In the basement, the two sat down on two of the armchairs.

 "Um...Switzerland," Tony answered.

" Right, right, exactly," Happy agreed.

"Killian.No...I don't remember that guy," Tony answered.

" Of course, you don't remember," Happy said. " He's not a blonde with a big rack. At first, it was fine. They were talking business. But now it's like, getting weird. He's showing her his big brain."

" His what?" Blossom asked.

" Big brain," Happy answered. " And she likes it. Here, let me show you. Hold on see."

" Look at what? You, watching them?" Tony asked.

" Flip the screen," Blossom advised.

" I'm not a tech genius like you two," Happy argued, Blossom and her father both looked at each other for a second before looking back at Happy. " Just trust me. Get down here."

" Flip the screen," Blossom instructed. " Then we can see what they're doing."

" I can't! I don't know how to flip the screen!" Happy argued. " I don't trust this guy, he's got another guy. He's shifty."

" Relax," Tony suggested. " Seriously? I'm just asking you to secure the perimeter. Tell them to go out for a drink or something."

" You know what? You should take more of an interest in what's going on here," Happy insisted. " This woman's the best thing that ever happened to you and you're just ignoring her. Blossom's mother is not with us and you know this."

" A giant brain? " Tony asked.

" Yeah. There's a giant brain," Happy answered. " I'm gonna follow this guy. I'm gonna run his plates and I'm gonna...You know, if it gets rough so be it."

" I miss you, Happy," Tony stated.

" Yeah, I miss you, too," Happy said. " But the way it used to be. Now you two are off with the super-friends. I don't what's going on with you two anymore. The world's getting weird."

" We text each other about every Downtown Abbey episode," Blossom reminded him.

" Hey, I hate to cut you off," Tony stammered. " Do you have your taser on you?"

" Why?" Happy asked.

" I think there's a gal in H.R. who's trying to steal some printer ink," Tony stated. " You should probably go over there and zap her."

" Be careful Happy," Blossom wished.

" You to kiddo," Happy said before ending the call. Blossom managed to sneak away from her dad and go upstairs to her room. She was watching Christmas specials and writing a letter to Lee Fletcher. Lately, the two have been closer than ever. Even exchanged heart-to-heart stories.

********

A day later Blossom was at the hospital, she was in a room with her dad. Happy was in the hospital bed. Tony addressed the nurse in the room before getting up.

" Sunday nights. PBS. Downtown Abbey," Blossom said." That his favorite show. He thinks it's elegant."

" One more thing. Make sure everyone wears their badges," Tony added as Blossom got up. " He's a stickler for that sort of thing. Plus, my guys won't let anyone in without them." They then left the room, outside were the news people. Once everyone left them all the reporters crowded around them, Blossom grabbed a hold of her father's hand. The reporters were making it hard for them to get through. Her dad opened the door to the car and let Blossom get in first.

" Mr. Stark, when is somebody gonna kill this guy?" A male reporter asked. " I'm just saying." Tony then shut the door, turned around, and looked at the reporter.

" Is that what you want?" Tony asked. " Here's a little holiday greeting. I've been wanting to send to the Mandarin. I just didn't know how to phrase it until now. My name is Tony Stark and I'm not afraid of you. I know you're a coward. So I've decided that you just died, pal. I'm gonna come get the body. There's no politics here. it's just good old-fashioned revenge. There's no Pentagon, it's just you and me. And on the off chance you're a man, here's, my home address. 10880 Malibu Point. 90265. I'll leave the door unlocked. That's what you wanted right?" Tony took the man's recorder and threw it at the wall. " Bill me." He then got in the car and they took off for home.

" Why did you do that?" Blossom asked. " Everyone will know where we live now."

" It's going to be fine Bloss," Tony assured. " The man is not going to come this afternoon."

" Dad!" Blossom exclaimed.

" Blossom!" Tony mimicked. When they got home Blossom immediately began packing. She spent the next few days writing letters to friends and packing. She was now about to stay at the house another night, now that everyone knew where it was located. She walked out of her room when the doorbell rang. She threw a bag door along with Pepper. They both heard two voices.

" Dad?" Blossom asked.

" Is somebody there?" Pepper asked.

" Yeah," Tony answered. " It's Maya Hansen. Old botanist pal." They came downstairs. " That I used to know, barely."

" I'm sorry," Pepper apologized. " With Happy in the hospital. I didn't know we were expecting guests.

" We weren't," Tony said.

" And old girlfriends," Pepper added.

"We're going out of town," Blossom stated.

" Okay. We've through this," Tony began. " Nope."

" Yep," Pepper argued.

" The man says no," Tony argued.

" Immediately and indefinitely," Pepper argued.

" Hon, Blos..." Tony began.

"Great idea, Let's go," Maya agreed. They continued to argue till Maya pointed out helicopters coming their way. Something broke through the house and exploded some things. It sent all of them flying. Blossom was trying not to get blown up, one explosion sent her flying out of the house, she blacked out when she hit the water.