Chapter 38

Hours later Blossom was in her hero uniform, they were all getting ready to leave for their mission to go talk to Helen Cho. She had just walked into the room when her dad walked up to her.

" I am departing from the group and going to Nexus," Tony explained. " You are going with Steve."

" Will you be okay to do it by yourself dad?" Blossom asked.

" I will be fine," Tony assured her. " I will see you soon Poppie Girl."

" See you soon Iron Man," Blossom said as she gave him a hug.

*******

Blossom was now flying in the aircraft with Steve, Natasha, and Clint who had the controls.  They let Steve off at a lab.

" Two Minutes. Stay Close," Steve ordered. Natasha then looked back at Blossom.

" Are you scared kiddo?" Natasha asked Clint glanced back at her.

" Just a little," Blossom answered. 

" So am I," Natasha said, Blossom gave her a small smile. " You told Fury about my boyfriend, didn't you?"

" It might have slipped," Natasha answered with a sly smile. They then looked away from each other, Blossom then took out a picture of her and Connor. She memorized him, she had a feeling this was going to be a long day. Then Steve's voice came in.

" Doctor Cho!" Steve said with concern, she was breathing heavily.

" He's uploading himself into the body," Dr. Cho informed.

" Where?" Steve asked.

" The real power is inside the Cradle," Dr. Cho informed. " The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Tony Stark."

" First, I have to find it," Steve admitted.

" Go," Dr. Cho ordered. 

" Did you guys copy that?" Steve asked.

" We did," Clint answered.

" I got a private jet taking off across town," Natasha reported. " No manifest." They then looked out the windows, watched the cars moving. " That could be him."

" There. It's a truck from the lab." Clint reported. " Right above you, Cap. On the loop by the bridge. It's them. You got three with the Cradle, one in the cab. I could take out the driver."

" Negative. That truck crashes, the gem could level the city," Steve reported.

" We need to draw out Ultron," Blossom suggested. Steve then engaged with the situation and jumped onto the truck.

" Well, he's definitely unhappy," Cap reported. " I'm going to try to keep him that way."

" You're no match for him, Cap," Clint advised.

" Thanks, Barton," Steve panted. Soon Captain America and Ultron engaged in battle.

" Come on Bloss, we gotta go help," Natasha as she stood, Blossom walked over to the back with her. They pressed a button and watched the hatch start to lower.

" We got a window," Clint informed. " Four, three...Give him hell."  He then clicked the button, Nastaha dropped down in motorcycle first, seconds followed by Blossom who used her used vines to get her way out, hopping from truck top to truck top. They then saw Captain America's shield on the ground.

 " I'm always picking up after you boys," Natasha sighed before snatching it.

" They're heading under the overpass," Clint reported. " I've got no shot."