Chapter 60

Then the impossible happened, six demigods and an avenger in a defensive line and one more in a burning ship above the Acropolis. Surrounded by giants about to kill them, then the sky opened and the gods descended. Blossom spotted her mom riding down in a golden chariot pulled by twin dragons, holding a golden sword, Blossom's weapon was very similar to her mother's weapon. The glass doors on Argo 2 ship broke, Nike tumbled out, and spread her glittering wings and soared to Zeus's side, taking her rightful place as his charioteer.

" MY MIND IS RESTORED!" She roared. " VICTORY TO THE GODS!" They gods flew down, soon the chariots disappeared and they were surrounded by the Olympians, now human-sized, glowing with power. Jason shouted and charged Porphyrion, everyone else joined. The battle raged all over the Parthenon and spilled across the Acropolis. Blossom was fighting side by side with her mom. Blossom was strapping down as many giants as she could as her mom sliced them up. Out of the corner, she saw Annabeth fighting Enceladus with her mom. Athena thrust her spear at the giant, then brandished her shield Medusa on the front. They drove the giant to the nearest wall of metal scaffolding which collapsed on him. Frank and his dad smashed through an entire phalanx of giants. Ares with his spear and shield and Frank as an African elephant. Hazel raced on Arion's back disappearing in the mist, Hecate danced in her wake, setting fire to enemies. Hades would open the ground and swallow giants up. Percy was fighting against the twin giants with his father. Posideon's trident morphed into a fire hose, spraying the gods out of the Parthenon. Piper fenced Perioba, her mother floated above them throwing down rose petals in the giantesses eyes.

"Lovely, my dear. Yes, good. Hit her again!" Aphrodite cheered.

Leo was racing around the deck of the Argo 2, shooting ballistae, dropping hammers, his dad tinkered with the controls keeping the ship afloat. The Fates were bludgeoning the giant Thoon to death. Jason was fighting alongside his father. Zeus slashed at Porphyrion's path, making him collapse in his makeshift throne, which crumbled.

"No throne for you," Zeus growled. " Not here. Not ever."

" You can not stop us!" the giant yelled. " It is done! The Earth Mother is awake!" Zeus blasted the rubble, and the giant king flew out of the temple, Jason ran with Zeus right behind. Back over with Blossom, she had straggled a giant to death with a vine, as her mother sliced at one. Soon nothing was left of the giants besides piles of ash. Blossom turned to look at her mom, both of them put their weapons away. Her mom opened her arms, Blossom immediately hugged her mom.

" The worst is not over yet my dear," Demeter told her.

" I know," Blossom said. 

Soon everyone gathered around, Leo was covered in soot, Frank seemed queasy.

" Brethren," Zeus said. " We are healed, thanks to the work of these demigods. The Athena Parthenos, which once stood in this temple, now stands at Camp Half-Blood. It has untied out offspring, and thus our own essences." 

" Lord Zeus," Piper spoke up. " Is Reyna okay? Nico and Coach Hedge?"

"They succeded," Zeus furrowed his eyebrows. " As of this moment, they are alive. Whether or not they are okay-"

" This is still work to be done," Hera interrupted as she spread her arms for a hug. " But my heroes...you have triumphed over the Giants as I knew you would. My plan succeded beautifully." Zeus looked at her and thunder boomed.

" Hera, do not dare take credit! You have caused at least as many problems as you fixed!"

"Husband," Hera blanched." Surely you see now-this was the only way."

"There is never only one way!" Zeus bellowed. " That is why there are three Fates, not one. Is this not so?" The Fates silently bowed their heads in recognition.