Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I let her get off the bike before parking it at the side of the cafe. She waited for me in front of the it then we both went in.

"He's here...." I heard someone said but as I look around no one was looking at me. Maybe whoever that is, he is talking about someone else and not me.

I scan the inside of the cafe while feeling the warm and sweet atmosphere of it. I remembered that was the first thing I noticed when I first discover about this Cafe after my hunger subside, of course.

At that time, I was having a hard time with all the entrance exams that I was going to take in just a few months. I don't know where I should start reviewing because all subjects are trully hard to study.

I decided to take a walk alone, just to cool my head one night. Set my mind to just forget about all of it for one night and enjoy the cold peaceful night of late November while the stars twinkle above me.

I was like a lost puppy, letting my feet take me anywhere with no particular destination in mind.

It already took me to the nearest park where I just sat down on one of the swings while looking at the night sky. Counting all the stars I could find but I quickly got bored and headed to my next unknown destination.

After that it took me outside shopping district but I didn't feel like shopping anything at all so I just walk pass it.

I was walking for awhile until a sweet aroma caught my attention the moment I was currently crossing the road.

I was in the middle of the cross walk when I smell it. Good thing there was no cars that pass by when I suddenly stop.

Looking for the source of the smell and I found a 2 floor with rooftop modern French-style cafe at the very corner of the street. It was light up with different colors of fairy lights as decoration for the upcoming Christmas holiday.

I walk towards it while admiring its modern building style and a touch of European-vintage decorations around it.

Heavy rain poured instantly the moment I reach the main door and immediately went inside so that I wouldn't get wet.

As I open the main door and my eyes quickly land on the most beautiful thing that happen to me that night, a Chocolate Moose cake that was freshly made and being displayed.

It looks inviting, waiting for me to have a slice and just eat while savoring the sweetness and smooth flavor of it. My stomach instantly made an embarrassing sound, I didn't noticed I was hungry from too much roaming around, so I quickly find a spot to sit on.

The cafe have a lot of satisfied costumers. Many are taking pictures of their desserts while others are happily chatting with friends while drinking their coffees, but there are still remaining tables unoccupied. I chose the perfect spot.

I sat near the end of the cafe beside a huge window, where I can feel the warm atmosphere, see the whole place and listen to the lovely sound of pouring rain outside.

One of the waiters approach me and of course I chose to have one slice of my late night date. He quickly serve it to me which made my whole world complete again.

I can't forget that lovely night, never in my life. That Chocolate Moose cake inspire me and serves as my goodluck charm until today.

"Cop! Over here!" May said while waving her hands at me so that I can immediately see her and where our table is. Looks like I was reminiscing for too long that she already found a good spot for us.

The moment I sat down, I can smell the tasty amora of the different slices of cakes that every costumer brought and are currently eating as I scan for my soul mate cake but I felt a little dissapointed when I found none.

"I would like to have a fruit salad..." May ordered and look at me so that I could say mine.

"One-slice Apple-Cinammon Pie, please." The waiter nodded and walk away. I look at her when she suddenly stand up and tap my shoulder.

"He is the one I want you to meet, Cop."

I look at the person she was pointing at and my brain instantly recognized who it is.

Him?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading kab~