Chapter 31

Chapter 31

"You bet it did."

"You lucky bastard." Tae was about to playfully smack my head when suddenly his phone rang from his pocket. He took it out and since I'm such a nosy prick, I look over to see who it was.

"Handsome Lil bro!?" I accidentally screamed, earning different looks from the passing students but I didn't mind them and just continue screaming. "What kind of nickname is that?!"

When he didn't answer, I asked another question. "Let me guess, he was the one who changed it and you just let it be, right?"

Without answering, Tae just shushed my question then slowly sighed while staring at the caller ID. After the third ring he slide his finger towards the accept icon. "Kab?"

Since the call wasn't on loudspeaker mode, I couldn't hear what the person from the other side was saying but based on Tae's silence it was a one-sided conversation, maybe full of nagging and complains.

He put his full attention to his caller just listening and nodding that I know he won't notice what I'm decided to do.

I put out my phone (which I'm having a hard time with because I'm still holding my cupcake box) then walk a little faster than him so he wouldn't see what I'm going to do. Must not miss this chance!

Stepping more closer to the person in front of me I quickly snap a picture of his back profile but my luck went away when there was a snapshot sound coming from it. When did I unsilent my phone?!

I almost let my phone fell from my grasp when Cop turn around and stop walking. I instantly pretended that I was texting someone and didn't noticed him stopping so I intentionally bump into him.

"Sorry I--" My excuse was cut off by him speaking. Perfect timing, cause I can't think of any at the moment.

"Did you hear something just now?"

"Hear what?" Tae asked when he caught up to us putting his phone back to his pocket.

"A snap of a camera or something close to that sound." Tae and I look at each other before scanning the surroundings as I am putting my actor face on.

"I don't see anyone holding a camera." Tae said making a confuse face. "Maybe you're just scaring us."

"Tae don't scare yourself in the middle of the day. Wait until night, ok?" I pat his shoulder without looking at him. "Maybe you're just a little tired and accidentally imagined it, Cop."

Even though he wasn't completely convinced (being a photographer himself, he knows this kind of stuff) he let the topic drop, nodding his head.

We continued walking, even though he kept his eyes straight, his mind was nowhere to be found. His thoughts won't let it drop and it's my fault. I'm sorry my angel for lying to you.

The walk towards the front parking was silent. Even Tae was quiet, maybe he's afraid that a ghost will find and follow us when they hear one of us talking. He's bigger than me and he's afraid of ghost.

"Where's your car, Kim?" I pointed at the black Hyundai Venue beside the red Toyota Corolla and gave the keys to Tae.

"You guys go ahead, I'll just throw this box." I told them before walking towards the nearest recycling bin.

I neatly place the box on top of it because it was too big for the bin. Then walk away while once again taking out my phone.

Looking at the picture I just took, it made me smile. I consider it as my reward from him even if he wasn't even aware that I secretly took a picture of him. Maybe next time there will be a picture of the two us, together.

Mission success.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the late update 😅 I've been working on a new story and decided to focused on it until I can published it. And finally..... it's posted!!!! 😆 Check it out na ka~ This Five Months - 2nd Part of In Five Months

Thanks for reading kab~