Chapter 44

Chapter 44

I walked inside the bar trying to spot my friends from the crowd of party animals. Godt waved at me when he saw me first. Good thing he's tall and still sober.

Everyone are here, Krist, Singto, Tae, Tee, Godt, Gun and Off, who may heard from Gun about this small gathering so he voluntarily tag along.

The moment I arrived, our reserved table is currently full of alcohols and snacks. When I received a text from Tae earlier, I knew a drinking party with all this bastards won't be just a "few shots". Good thing there won't be any class tomorrow for all freshmen and sophomore.

KristSingto suggested to have this drinking party as reward for every Representative's "hardwork" during the two day event. It was a last minute arrangement because everyone were quite busy cleaning up the faculty and taking down the booths.

Even though my department's products were sold-out much earlier than theirs, it took a couple of hours to pack up every baking equipments/ tools and put it back to the Pastry kitchen and some items that I personally brought, back to my house. Those were the reason why, I was the only one late...

And I might slightly sidetrack when I unsuspiciously followed my angel and his best friend towards the auditorium to watch the short film that won last year's Film Festival (organized by the Film Production Arts Department) after our dinner date.

"Finally his Majesty have arrived." Off put his left arm on my shoulders pulling me to seat beside him. Because he was very clingy I pushed him away, towards Gun. The night just started and this jerk is already drunk.

"Are you done stalking my cute cousin?" Tee asked while munching a French fry.

"I'm not stalking him." I grab a shot glass and drank it in one go. "I just happen to be in the same location as him."

"Right~ and you just happen to kept following them even after the movie."

"Not my fault that someone's sister..." I glared at Godt emphasising my point. "Suddenly called him and invited him to watch with her before I can ask him the same invite."

"You do realize that your reason doesn't make sense, right?" Tae asked taking a sip of his drink.

I shrug my shoulders pouring the last portion of alcohol to my glass before getting the attention of the waiter, requesting for another batch of drinks. "It make sense to me though."

Fifteen minutes passed and the waiter came back placing different kinds of alcohol on our table then cleaning up the empty ones. I gave him a tip before grabbing a hand full of chips and ate them.

They continued their discussion about the events on the first day that they're department should have won this event, or that event, yada yada blah blah blah those kind of competition stuff while I drink my first full glass. I decided not to butt in cause I'm already happy that my department rank third place over-all. My freshmen did a great job competing throughout that day.

When they're already bored boasting to each other for almost 2 hours they focused their drunken attention to me when they talked about the Three-Legged Race. Can't a 'slightly drunk' guy drink his alcohol in peace?

"When Mew said you're going to be late we decided to punish you and make you suffer but we later found out that you're one lucky bastard." Krist slurry said leaning his back towards Singto as the latter wrap his arms around him.

Such a show-off. "Not our fault we're meath to be together." I declared very intoxicated.

"Dude, stop and shut up! You're clearly drunk!" Gun stuff my mouth with chips. "That's the cheesiest line I ever heard from you! And I hope it'll be the last..." Woah! You're as drunk as I am!

I almost choke with all the chips he fed me. "I don't want to hear that from someone who calls Off, my tall handsome munchkin~" I imitated his sweet voice but he wasn't offended and just cuddle with Off. "So what do you mean by making me suffer? Hmm?"

"Well we made that black box just for you and decided to make it look like your partner will be randomly selected but instead we put the number of ANY freshman that entered the field at the same time as you." Singto started then Krist continued the story.

"Why?" I asked trying to listen.

"A rumor was going around among the sophomore that you're currently courting a freshman." Oh I know who started that rumor. I stared at Tee and he avoided my eyes. "We didn't know who that person is, so we came up with that plan. Partnering you with someone, get super close (literally) and make that person jealous to the point she will make you suffer herself."

"We got extremely confuse when you became so comfortable and happy being partnered with him. That you almost won that race!" Off bitterly admitted, I thought he was long gone.

"But we didn't expect, we did you a favor." Krist said pointing at me." We only realize when..."

I cut him off. "His untrustworthy cousins told you without my permission..." I glared at TaeTee but they only replied with a peace sign and drunken smiles.

"Sucks for you guys! You're plan backfired!" I slightly shouted and they 'boooooo' me. My emotions are all over the place, meaning I'm really drunk same as them.

"That he was that person." Singto added.

"What can I say? We're fated to be together, now and forever~"

Everyone shook their heads and grab their own glasses. "To our love sick friend, cheers." They click glasses and simultaneously chug it. I didn't join their stupidity.

I ain't lovesick, I think...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading kab~