Chapter 22

Chapter 22

"Well so much for a friend." I said the moment we step in the Carnillate Cafe. "Thank you for supporting their proposal, May."

I look around trying to spot an empty seat, when I finally saw one I lead her to it.

"Your welcome since it's a good opportunity for you and Prof. Tan is also giving you special credits for it." She said with a proud tone while taking a seat in front of me.

"Isn't it a bit early, don't you think?" Trying to reason it out to her but I guess that didn't affect her one bit.

"Much better if I say so myself." She said while trying to catch the attention of one of the waiters.

I just sigh and decided to just drop the topic since I already unhappily said yes and of course I don't have any other choice.

"Come on don't sulk na~" May suddenly poke one of my dimples then hold my face trying to make me look to her eyes and forgive her. I decided to look more the other way, teasing her. "Don't be mad na~ Cop."

"Hmp!" I cross my arms infront of me then lean to my chair so that her fingers can't reach my face.

"How can I make it up to you?" Her voice was softer but I still didn't look at her, answering her question.

"You know what you need to do." I slide the menu towards her and I can see in my peripheral vision how her face change from a pleading puppy to a broke puppy.

"I still haven't receive my allowance yet....." There was a long pause but she took my offer even though it's against her will or more like her wallet.

"One Galette des Rois, Black Forest Gateau and Lamington Cake. One slice of each please...." Her voice was so quiet like she's regretting every word that comes out of her mouth. Should I forgive her now?

"Ehem." Well I already did but she looks so cute while looking like that.

".... And Early Grey Tea for him and wat--" I didn't let her finish what she was going to say.

"2 cups for the both of us kab." I smiled at her finalising our order. She just widen her eyes at me but didn't said a word.

"Is that all sir? Madam?" I nodded then the waiter excuse himself carrying our order.

"Hungry sweet tooth monster." Even though she whispered that I still heard it and smiled.

"Thank you for the treat, May. You're the best!" She just roll her eyes to me.

Moments later, our order arrived much to my pleasure but for her dismay. All the cakes looks delicious and savory since they are very expensive. This is what I call sweet revenge.

I took a slice of Black Forest Gateau then decided to feed it to her.

"Are you serious?! You just ruined my plan of having a shopping spree tomorrow, now you want to ruin my diet?!" She look at me like I was going to kill one of her precious dogs. Such a drama queen, a dazzling one.

"Yes my lady."

"Grrr! Give me that!" She harstly grab the fork I was giving her then grab the Black Forest Gateau slice then started eating all of it.

"I know you love it that's why you ordered it. Don't deny it my lady." She sent daggers to my direction.

"Am not!" Even though her voice was aggressive, the way she eats and savor it tells me otherwise that she really order that cake on purpose.

"OK kabbb~" You can never lie to me, my lady. I know you more than you know yourself.

As I was watching her eat, I grab the Galette des Rois slice then join her.

"Don't look at me, Cop!" She complained pointing her fork at me, but I just smiled then look at a different direction.

Wait! Isn't that the P' I was talking to earlier?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading kab~