Chapter 40

Chapter 40

"I really thought, you and P'Kim would won the Three-Legged Race yesterday. But P'Godt and P'Gun's Team won instead." May complained as she browse the rack of clothes in front of her trying to find an outfit to buy.

P'Gun and P'Godt outrun our team at the last minute and we reach second place while P'Krist and P'Singto's team tied with my cousins TaeTee for third place. Even though P'Kim and I didn't finished first, we had so much fun 'running' together and still earn 9 points each.

"Aren't you happy they won? Since P'Godt is your brother while P'Gun is your senior." I said holding all the clothes that she threw at me.

Today is the second day of Freshmen Welcoming orientation. All departments set up individual booths in different locations around the faculty to sell items that can showcase and present their department. The sophomores are the ones facilitating the booths and the Representatives are in-charge to keep the event flowing throughout the day.

This is the reason why she woke me up so early today. She wanted to arrived at school super early so she can pick and buy all the pretty clothes that her department's booth is selling. She said that all the clothes that are being sold were designed and created by the sophomores themselves when they were first years.

I do agree that all clothes are eye-catching and very fashionable.

The truth is she isn't the only one who thought of that strategy. A LOT of people (men and women) were already waiting outside the booth and when the seniors anounced they're OPEN FOR BUSINESS, hell broke loose. People begun browsing all the racks and trying on the ones they picked inside the DIY fitting rooms. I thought I won't lived after that.

But now everyone calm down as if they remembered they are humans and not wild animals.

"Are you saying we shouldn't have won, Nong May?" P'Gun appeared out of nowhere and sat on the floor beside me, raising his left eyebrow at her crossing his arms.

"I'm just kidding, P. Of course, I'm extremely glad and thank you for the 10 points. Without it, our department wouldn't be in second place over-all." I don't think her senior find her excuse acceptable. "Also P'Gun, have you already decided what charity organization we'll be giving the booth's earnings to?"

"Not yet, Off and I are still debating between Animal Sanctuary or Wild Achers." He answered leaning his back at the wall behind us, very tired.

Another May's senior walk towards us and handed P'Gun a water bottle to drink from. "The third years weren't bluffing when they said freshmen are the worst customers."

"Ouch, P'Off I feel offended." May rolled her eyes and went to a different rack of clothes away from her seniors.

"That's not a good way to run a business, Off." P'Gun scolded but P'Off just shrug his shoulders taking back the water bottle and also drank from it. "By the way, this is Copter."

"Oh yah, you're Kimmon's lov----" I'm P'Kim's what?

Before P'Off can finish his sentence, a group of Theater Arts students appeared with a guitar and a keyboard. Bas caught me by surprise when he grab all May's clothes from me and handed it to P'Gun.

"Cop, they been looking everywhere for you!" Me? Huh?

"Why?"

A female senior of Bas stepped forward and handed me a bouquet of blue roses. "Well someone would like to dedicate this song to you."

They surrounded me and begun singing in complete harmony.

Out of embarrassment I couldn' t looked at anyone right now. I bet my face is as red as a totato while I slowly shrinking at my seat. Who would want to dedicate a song to me? Is that person pranking me?! Are they pranking me? 

I've never gone with the wind, just let it flow
Let it take me where it wants
'Til you opened the door, there's so much more
I've never seen it before
I was trying to fly but I couldn't find wings
But you came along and you changed everything

I focused my eyes at the bouquet I' m holding and saw a small white envelope. I took it and looked inside. There was a letter with my name written on top.

You lift my feet off the ground
You spin me around
You make me crazier crazier
Feels like I'm falling and I'm lost in your eyes
You make me crazier crazier crazier

Dear Copter,

You showed me something that I couldn't see
You opened my eyes and you made me believe.

Yours 💜

I watched from a distance as you made life your own
Every sky was your own kind of blue
And I wanted to know how that would feel
And you made it so real
You showed me something that I couldn't see
You opened my eyes and you made me believe.

Those where the same words written inside the letter. What does it mean? Does the sender wants to tell me something?

Baby you showed me what livin' is for
I don't wanna hide anymore

After they sang the last lyrics, they handed me a paper and an envelope. "If you want to message the person who sent us to sing to you. You can write it here and we'll deliver it to that person as soon as possible."

"Kab." I took a deep breath and think. I guess, someone did sent this to me.

What shall I write?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading kab~