Chapter 37

Chapter 37

"Almost done?" I took a peek at May's paper while she carefully rewriting her essay and avoiding any accidental erasure. But because she was so focused on writing, she didn't bother answering my question or even acknowledged my presence.

I'm already finished with mine awhile ago since the topic wasn't quite hard and now I'm just waiting for May's so I can submit our work to Professor Tan.

Out of habit, I placed my left arm on my table and sideways lay my head on it, slightly yawning.

As I was watching her work, I noticed something. Her aura somewhat changed, again. I though she will start to apply a more natural look on her face and dress more casual like two weeks ago. But I guess not. When was the last time May put on a lighter make up other than two weeks ago? I can't remember...

Did something suddenly change her mind? Like three years ago?

It was in the middle of summer. I went to her house to pick her up since we decided to watch a movie at the mall near our neighborhood.

I dressed up a little formal since for me it's a date with just the two of us without my cousins and her brother. I was full of joy that day because she was the one who invited me through text a day before.

I rang the door bell of her house and patiently waited for her to come out.

The smile and excitement on my face faded when the door opened and it revealed my lady. The moment I saw her, I felt my heart cracked.

Her eyes were puffy and a little reddish, a sign that she been crying (maybe since yesterday evening). Even if she put on a heavy make up on her, her sadness was still visible in my eyes. She was dressed in all black and high heels. She let her bangs fall to hide her eyes a little and didn't bother styling her wavy hair.

She showed me a smile that was so bitter I unconsciously imitated it and offered my arm for her.

"Are you ready, my lady?"

I never asked her the reason why she looked heartbroken at that time. I know a time will come, for her to personally tell me. I can feel  the bitterness of that memory and I don't have a heart to force it out of her. So I just decided to wait even though it will take a lot of years.

Since then she wore a heavy make up like it was a her own mask hiding from the pain of  her past. And she knows that mask cannot deceive herself and me...

"Cop~ Copter!? Are going to pass your paper or not?" I was snapped out of my thoughts when May softly tap her pen at my nose.

I immediately stood up and grab our papers then proceed to Professor Tan's desk.

Professor Tan placed down the paper that he was holding when I approached his desk. He then looked at me with his famous stern expression.

"Mr. Panuwat, how was the production?"

"We will start the shooting next week after the two-days freshmen welcoming, Sir." I nervously answered.

"Good, is Mr. Warodom giving you a hard time?" Why P'Kim all of a sudden?

"No sir, he's participating and a good adviser of ideas when he accompanied me on scouting the main venue of the production." I think my rely was not what he expected and it even confused him.

"He is? I though Mr. Thanapon was only bluffing in his report regarding Mr. Warodom's performance." This conversation is truly confusing.

Wasn't P'Kim a hardworking student? He's very cooperative during the script reading sessions and even asking the group for suggestions during his scenes. He also gives advice to other actors to improve their impressions of their own characters.

So I guess the paper he was reading awhile ago was P'Tee's report.

Before I can reply the bell rang and Professor Tan gather all the essay so he can leave the classroom. "Very well then, Mr. Panuwat. If what you say is true, I do hope Mr. Warodom won't cause any trouble in the future." And with that he left.

Trouble? P'Kim?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A lot of cameo will happen in the next chapters 😏 ... Just saying 😉

Thanks for reading kab~